“Nice, relaxing cruise”

Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our 8th cruise on the 5th different cruise line (Carnival, RCL, NCL and Holland America). It was our 20th anniversary cruise and I was really excited to try Celebrity because RCL is probably our overall favourite line and Celebrity is supposed to be a notch higher. While it was certainly a nice ship with all the amenities, I was disappointed that some things were the same or not even up to par with the other cruise lines. The embarkation in New Jersey was fast and efficient. Food -- I found the food in the buffets was below average. I normally eat omelets, eggs benedict, etc. for breakfast but they weren't that good. I ended up eating granola, yogurt and the whole walnuts which were really tasty. Lunch was average too so I ate pizza, burgers and hot dogs by the pool which were good. The food in the dining room was much better but the best food we had was in Qsine (really different) and Normandie (the best!!!) which was like eating in a five star restaurant in Paris. They were each an extra $40 per person which is the most I've ever paid for a specialty restaurant but it was worth it. The desserts were good and I liked the ice cream stations. One thing I thought was missing was cappuccino machines. They had tea and coffee (which was average) but it's an extra touch that a line like Celebrity should have (even Carnival has them!). Ship -- The ship was very elegant and chic without over doing it. Our balcony stateroom was very well appointed but I did notice the sewer smell like others have mentioned. Not sure why they have this problem??? We also had technical difficulties with our TV losing satellite reception -- they came to fix it but it kept doing it so we gave up. I heard other passengers had the same problem. The main thing I liked about the Summit was its' cleanliness -- especially the restrooms. I didn't see a spec of paper or litter on the floor and they always had plenty of linen hand towels which is a nice touch. Compared to other ships, this was probably the cleanest by far. Entertainment -- I only saw parts of a few shows and they were on par with most ships. Summary -- Overall, I found the cruise to be very relaxing and the island of Bermuda was beautiful but I will be booking RCL or HAL for our next cruise.
Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Summit Review
Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?