“Outstanding for my first cruise”
Cruise review of Carnival Pride

denbot2112 Carnival Pride 5 Outstanding for my first cruise
denbot2112
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We had a blast on this cruise. It was my first and I will cruise again. Having someone cook for me everynight is hard to describe but it is very enjoyable. If you like cake you gotta try all the desserts in the buffet. I highly recommend the chocolate melting cake the first night and maybe a baked alaska on another night at Normandie Restaurant. Room 1127 not enough electrical outlets we had 1 in which I plugged in a surge protector multi outlet plug into it and it started to smoke. I unplugged it and called my Stewards office to let them know. They responded with don't plug it in. I ended up throwing it out because it burnt out the first time I plugged it in. However we were able to use the outlet to charge our iphones with no problems thereafter. Here is the lowdown on the room, bring a few extra hangers. There is 3 closets one closet just has shelves. One closet will have two nice robes and 2 lifejackets which is notvrequired to take to your muster station drill. When you turn the lights off at night you will see light coming from the peep hole in the door. I used a tissue to block out the light. The bathroom is small only one person in at a time. You will find two small packets of toothpaste, two large packets of shampoo, 2 bars of soap one for the sink one for the shower.Plenty of towels and wash cloths. In the room should be 2 towels to use at the pool. We did not use them only on the first day(don't lose the towels) they will charge you $22.00 per towel. We did use the towels at the pool, you can check out as many as you need with your sail and sign card. There is no charge for using the towels. Only if you lose them. We did this everyday(check out towels) we didn't want to carry towels around from the room. In the shower there is shampoo and body wash dispenser on the wall. The water in the shower is thermostatically controlled. You will feel the water temp change as the ship is moving along. I actually enjoyed the temp change from hot to cold on occasion. The toilet seems to vibrate a little as the ship is moving, you can feel the ships engine vibration. I also want to mention you will hear some noises from the floor above(casino). On a few nights the picture above the bed would vibrate but a little noise doesn't keep me from falling asleep. The tv is old and the color is a little distorted. Watch the morning show with cruise director and assistant everyday at 9:30AM it's quite entertaining. In fact you can call them during the live broadcast. One morning someone called in with a creepy voice (from the movie saw) asking Jamie the cruise director "do you want to play a game" she was so creept out she went nuts! Later on one of the guys admitted he did the prank! But she already knew because she had looked him up with caller id. It was all fun and games on board. You must see the show they put on called"Murder Mystery" it runs for about 15 minutes. Also check the fun times book everyday for a cryptic clue. It was a lot of fun figuring out it was Kikki with the stockings who killed Baggins. Just let yourself go and enjoy the cruise. It's no fun if your uptight. Learn to relax and enjoy everything on board.
Carnival Pride Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4A1127

Port
Very loud live music when you get through the gate. Very colorful place, my buddy rented a scooter and travelled all over the island. He described it as driving through the backwoods of New Jersey. I stayed around the local shops in which you should haggle to get anything you want cheap. Bottled water is cheap about 1 US Dollar per 16 oz bottle as our cruise ship charged $3.85 per bottle but that was 32 oz bottle. We were in Freeport for about an hour. Just browsing the shops. Got back on the ship and waited for our 1:30 departure. Freeport is very nice little town.
Read 1,075 Freeport Reviews
Port
We took a quick walk around town and found a Glass Bottom Boat Tour at the dock. This Excursion costs $39.99 per person and runs for an hour and a half. We went to the dock and the person running the tour let us on board for $25.00 per person.It took us through the bay pointing out all the important things to see, the tour guide was very good and very funny. The trip back was through the ocean around the lighthouse and back into the bay. There was 1 free drink on this tour. And if you enjoyed the tour you can give them a tip as you walk off the gangplank. Also while near the boat you can see fish in the water, they are black striped yellow fish and I think a fish called the parrot fish. They are blue in color. If you walk over to Senor Frog they have a small pier and under it the water is crystal clear from all the limestone in the water. I forgot to mention there is a guide named Omar he is very pleasant and has a horse and carriage, he offered to take us anywhere in the area then to the shopping district. I didn't ride because I did not want to make a horse pull me around.
Read 4,121 Nassau Reviews
Published 07/31/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Pride Review
Carnival Pride Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?