Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by maui4me2

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: GS
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Bigger Ship, Littler Ship - Royal Caribbean Does it Right!!
My husband and I just got back yesterday from another amazing Royal Caribbean experience. We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale back in February on the Liberty of the Seas; this time it was out of Miami on the Majesty of the Seas. I had read so many mixed reviews on the Majesty that I truly had no idea what to expect. We are new to cruising, with the Liberty being our first cruise experience. We never expected the Majesty to be as amazing as the Liberty, but our experience was that the Majesty actually surpassed the Liberty in some ways!! Both ships were amazing, and it was fun to compare them.

We live just north of Fort Lauderdale so we left home about 9:00 and were at the Port of Miami around 10:00. We waited until 11:00 to board. I have seen this question asked many times - "What is the earliest I can board?" Apparently it is 11:00 on the Majesty, I guess depending on sailing time.

We had initially booked a SOV cabin but thanks to my amazing friend Tina we got a reduced price on a Grand Suite about a week before sailing. Suite checkin was ridiculously fast and we were onboard in no time at all! All staterooms were going to be ready at 1:00, so we wandered a bit and then headed to the Windjammmer for our first meal onboard, which was delicious. The service in the Windjammer onboard the Majesty far surpassed the service in the Windjammer on the Liberty in that we never had an empty glass, dirty plates were removed immediately, just alot more interaction with the staff - I guess because the Liberty is so huge and the Majesty is not. Remember, we love them both - not throwing stones at my Liberty!!! :)

At 1:00 we headed to our stateroom - Grand Suite. WOW!!! We were soooo happy when we saw it - it was HUGE (cruise ship huge y'all) and the balcony was bigger than any I have ever seen. Apparently you cant put loungechairs on the balconies anymore (??), but if we could have it could have easily held 2 loungechairs plus the nice wicker table and 2 wicker chairs already out there. It was just huge. Bathroom had a tub - yes - a real tub!! Huge compared to the balcony cabin bathroom on the Liberty. The bed was amazing and there was also a huge vanity next to the bed, a bar area and huge closet, separate 'living room' (again, cruise sized y'all!) Our little cabin steward was precious and brought us delicious goodies every afternoon - cheese and cracker and fruit and nut plate one day, petit fours and chocolate dipped strawberries one day, and of a bottle of chilled champagne and big bottles of Evian for sailaway. The steward did a great job - was it suite level great? Maybe not. But she did had some issues with the guys next door,- wont go there - so I will cut her some slack. Lets just say she had her hands full.

For anyone who has read the reviews that say deck 10 (the suite deck) is noisy because deck 11 is the pool deck- for us that was not true. Never ever heard a thing - ok MAYBE a cart rolling by above us in the mornings - lasted all of 5 seconds, maybe. Not an issue at all.

OK so the rest of the ship - awesome!! Two great pools, two small hot tubs but not a problem getting into one for us, two pool bars with AWESOME friendly bartenders, good music - easy access from the pool deck to our stateroom one deck up. The Chorus Line theatre was really nice - couch style seating in the middle which was unique and regular seating to the sides. Casino had 90% old machines and 10% new machines, but whatever - they pay when they pay. We ended up losing a bit, but we did win enough each night to play a little longer - it was fun and we didnt expect to get rich playing. :)

We had dinner in the main dining room the first night. Great food, great service, entertainment provided by folks seated to our left and to our right!! It was really a great way to kick off the cruise. The second night we were too full from the CocoCay buffet, and the third night we did Johnny Rockets, which is delish. Really worth the "surcharge". (5.00 I think). Who cares. You are on vacation. Enjoy a burger and some hot delicious fries! :)

We played bingo, which is always good for a laugh. The bingo callers on both the Liberty and the Majesty were awesome and really funny. We did not win. We went to the welcome aboard show, super fun - the late night adult comedian made me laugh til I cried, and the "Boogie Wonderland" show was awesome considering the small stage they have to work with. At the end of the cruise the show included tons of staff marching into the theatre singing and clapping - then they lined the aisles as we exited the theatre high-fiving everyone, thanking us - and us thanking them. It was perfect and super fun.

Ports - Coco Cay - wonderful. My husband and I snorkeled for hours - brought our own equipment so we didnt rent - we did rent floating mats and a Cabanette however. WARNING - know this - the cabanas are NOT on a beach area where you can swim right in front of you!! You have to walk to get to the sandy waterfront - the cabanas have large boulders right in front of them, but a phenomenal view of the ship for picture taking as the ship does not dock but anchors and you tender in to CocoCay.

Nassau - always fun. We just did a horse and buggy ride and then some shopping and we were back on board by 2:00.

Disembarkation was AMAZING. We carried our own stuff off - same on the Liberty. We left the room at 7:20 and were in our car by 8:00!!! It was seamless. On the Liberty we also carried off at 7:30 but waited in line for over an hour to get off the ship, and it was hot. This was super organized and just perfect.

All in all, the Majesty put a nice 'smaller ship' spin on cruising for us. The Liberty had much more to do, but the Majesty had a more laid back feel. Love them both - would sail them both again right now!!!

We head out on a New Year's cruise for 6 days on the new Carnival Breeze leaving December 30th. Super excited to check out a different cruise line on a brand new ship for a holiday cruise, but my heart will always belong to Royal Caribbean. They really know how to do it.

Have fun, whatever ship you choose and wherever you may cruise!!!! :)

Publication Date: 07/31/12