Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by Jrhmdtraum: Disappointed with Regent Voyager
Overall Member Rating
Disappointed with Regent Voyager
Destination: Baltic Sea
Took the Baltic Cruise July 22 - 29 Seven Seas Suite. Butler great. Booze and Champagne room great. All inclusive great but:
The cruise was not up to snuff. It was like watching the Rockettes with several dancers' kicks just off. Or a symphony where several players are a beat off. Many "small" errors that added up.
1. Daily TV program of main restaurant's dinner menu. Did not change until noon. So if you got up in the morning and wanted to plan where to eat with friends, the menu was yesterdays.
2. Prime Seven and Signature "full", but every night multiple tables empty.
3. Three free white wines and three reds every night. BUT not told nor written what they were (or that there were three unless you asked). They came by and served the cheapest of the bunch. Several of the wine stewards did not drink and had no idea how to explain the wines although the head sommelier was great.
4. The room service menu was very limited. Unlike other More cruise lines where the prime suites could order room service off any menu in the ship or something not on the menu, not allowed on the Voyager. For example, could not order banana fosters in the room or in advance at any restaurant.
5. The TV program on the ports did not include just the ports being visited, but all the ports in the Regent inventory. Thus, unless you spent hours, could not learn about the local ports.
6. On visiting the ports, there were no maps available at the point of disembarking. In fact the staff there were only security and had no idea. Later to find out that the maps and a local were available on a different floor. Not announced.
7. At the Italian restaurant, typical multi-course menu (antipasto, pasta, meat... The waiter did not tell you that you could have the pasta dish as the entree with a full size dish instead of the small multi-dish size.
8. The menus were limited. The restaurant hours were limited with no "late" food venue other than room service (ie if you went to a show or the casino, you could not get something to eat without going to your room).
9. At the main restaurant, if you were in a small party, the head waiter did not oversea and at several times wrong or forgotten dishes were served.
10. The pool bar closed early and there was no where to get a bloody Mary in the mornings.
11. The ship's doc had no "surgical" back ground and the ship had no way for her to communicate with one. eg One passenger cut her leg at a port several days prior to the cruse and had staples (stitches) in. The ship's doctor wanted to "kick her off" and put her on iv antibiotics unnecessarily. The passenger saw a surgeon in port who said the ship's doctor was a xxxxx.
12. Warnemunde, Germany has one of the prettiest beaches in Europe. It was not included in one of the outings nor descriptions of the the port. Several of us took a taxi to it and enjoyed the sun with many Germans on holiday. It was great.
13. The fitness area was VERY small and had to wait for machines. At the spa, the chairs for waiting were 4 inches deep.
In conclusion: no comparison to the Cunard and even worse than the RC and Disney (except for the included drinks). I would not repeat. Less
Read more Seven Seas Voyager cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Voyager Review >>
Cabin review: SS970 Seven Seas Suite
940 Nice size. Could really feel the sway of the ship - would not get if easy sea sicknessRead All Seven Seas Suite (SS) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Sunshine in The Baltics
The FRIENDLY Ship
Regal Princess Baltic Cruise; ...
A Passage to India and Beyond
Regent Seven Seas Voyager was ...
SINGAPORE TO DUBAI; VOYAGER
The glamour has gone.