Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by SuCan: Just some info

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Southern Caribbean Cruises

Just some info

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We cruised on the Constellation in April 2012. This was my first cruise with Celebrity and likely my last. I've left the review go overdue because I find it incredibly hard to fault a cruise. It's such a luxury to cruise and certainly not something one should complain about. In saying that, these are just facts that I wish I had read before going on this ship.

Embarkation was flawless. Disembarkation the same.

We found the ship to be lacking in maintenance. Rust on our balconies and on the ship.. usually in port, you'll see crews out painting. We never did. The balcony glass was dirty when we got on the ship, dirty when we got off. Just a general lack of maintenance.
The rooms were immaculate, the public washrooms the same. The pool staff were vigilant in removing towels left over 30 minutes (freeing up those chairs!).

The food, while good, seemed to be lacking in some areas. The only fresh fruit was apples, brown bananas and the occasional More orange. Usually cruising the caribbean, you see a lot of yummy exotic fresh fruit. The condiments were painful. We had issues trying to ever find ketchup, mayo etc. We were actually told by the staff that they didn't know where it was! Never heard that one before.

We bought drink packages and were quite disappointed. One of our group of 4 was a non drinker and while 'slush' drinks are advertised, they are no where to be found. The waiters aren't happy about the drink packages and we found that there was only one place on the ship where we got really good service. We really debated over the drink package - would it be worth the money etc. It's not. Even if you manage to drink it all, (we did) it's not worth the money or the effort of trying to get a drink just to make quota (know what I mean?).

The beds...We laughed. As everyone knows, two single beds are pushed together to make a king bed. I have never seen any cruise bed with a 'hump' in the middle though. It had to be 3-4 inches high. In both rooms. Funny but uncomfortable.

As well, we are all in our late 40's, early 50's and found this to be such an OLD ship. OLD music, old deck music, old everything... There just isn't that 'fun' vibe going on. We were so sick of listening to waltzes.... We tried to go to karaoke one night and found that the music only went up the the 1960's.

The itinerary was PERFECT. We'd never cruised Celebrity before and the itinerary really appealed to us.

Again, overall, you cannot complain about a cruise - but I hope someone else reads this (I wish I had seen it) and realizes that this 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise is for an older crowd. We never dreamed of checking the music and things to do. If you're young/young at heart - this isn't the cruise for you. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6)