Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by gm217

Cruise Date: July 2012
Cabin Category: B1
        10-12 5+

My brief review of the Oasis of the Seas
At first glance it is a beautiful ship. Our cabin had enough space for 2 people, but I wouldn't try to fit 3 or 4. When all of the venues are open it really doesn't feel crowded, but when we embarked on the ship, I felt it was total chaos. you weren't allowed to put your carry ons in your cabin, so here you are in the windjammer that was so overcrowded that the staff was making announcements that if you were done,please give your table to another family.

Finally,the luggage arrives, at least most of it. It turns out that they held one piece of luggage because I had a travel iron [it was literally 3 inches} in it, and you are not allowed to bring them on board.

Dinner in the dining room was OK, but I can't imagine that they would serve shoulder steak and shrimp and call it " surf n turf" on the menu. On formal night dinner was fillet Mignon, that's right all 2 slices of it. If you wanted a whole fillet, you could order it special from Chops Grill for a $10.00 charge.

Shows were very good, pools were nice, not to crowded especially on port days. We traveled with my daughter and grandson, I must say that he didn't want to leave the kids club, the staff was great. I felt were always being asked if we wanted to purchase something with our meals, weather it be Orange juice with breakfast or water with dinner. Would I sail royal again, yes probably, would i sail the Oasis again, probably not. I guess many people feel the same way, since the next 2 ships coming out are freedom class. Royal is nice when you are traveling with children and young adults, but for me next time I think I will stick with Princess

Publication Date: 07/30/12