Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by lovecrousing969: Great time, great value. NCL Sky rocks!!!

lovecrousing969
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Great time, great value. NCL Sky rocks!!!

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas

We had a great time in this cruise. The food was above average for the most part and we had a lot of fun with the ship activities. The room was small, but it was kept immaculate at all times. The shower and bathroom had all the amnesties we have at home.

The pool area could get a little crowded. But if you want to have an uncrowned pool, just stay on board during shore time and you will have the pool for yourself an a few other people.

Service was great, very friendly staff, always willing to help around and offer suggestions.

It was overall a very fun time. I can't say I would go again just because I rather do a different itinerary. But I will definitely keep Norwegian in my list for future trips. Great company. A+ thank you. You made me a cruiser.

My main complain was the drinks. They are expensive and weak as hell. I am not proud of this, but I do like to drink a lot and drinking like I do in NCL could get very costly. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 8136

Atlantis

(2)
I still believe that the excursion is on the over priced side, but non the less we had a good time. The beach itself was slightly dirty and disorganized, with some bottles and waste. It seems to me that for such a high priced resort there should be people taking care of the beach at all times. During our time there we did not see one person cleaning the sand area. We also decided to rent an umbrella, the cost of that was $30 :-/(it was about 98 degrees outside). There are some vendors in the beach but nothing too overwhelming like in the free beaches. We paid $4 for a coke in the beach. Do yourself a favor and buy water from the vendor at the pier selling water for a cool $1 at the pier. We bought a couple of them, much better than paying $4 a drink. The water at the beach is among the cleanest and clearest I've ever experience. So I am sure you will enjoy that. Great for snorkeling and just splashing around. As far as the waking goes. Well it all starts at port, our ship was one of the furthest away, so there was some walking just to get to the bus. But every one getting of the ship has to do this journey. Walking around the hotel is well, a little hard. Some small hills an yes there is about half a mile total walking. The problem is all the aquariums are spread all over the resort. So if you want to see all there is to see, be ready to walk. The other problem is timing. By the time we got to the beach it was about 11:00-11:15 (can't recall exactly). We only stayed there about 2 hours cause we wanted to see the resort aquariums and also do some light shopping at the marina back by the ship. So it's kind of hard to justify $80 for only 2hrs at the beach. Please do yourself a BIG favor, the disembarkation process only takes a couple of minutes. Please stay in the ship until 5 minutes prior meeting time. There are a lot more commodities in the ship, including AIR CONDIONER and drinks!!! It's hot down by dock and you have to wait until everyone has signed up. Also stay near the ship, the sing up lady will be there at the time of your ticket. We got confused and walked all the way to the bus areas and then we were told to go back near the ship. If you follow those tips you will be fine. As far as the aquarium goes, it's nice and large for a hotel, but like everything else in the hotel it's in dier needs of some maintanainace. They simply do not take care of the hotel like they should. They buses go back and forth every 30 minutes. They are not on a strict schedule, but what I noticed was that they left around 5 minutes prior an zero or half hour. All in all I did it and I am happy I did, but most likely I will never do it again. It's just too expensive. We ended up leaving early to go down town and shop a little.

Beach Break