Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by planosunset

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by planosunset
Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Infinity
Member Name: planosunset
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Generaly good
Arrived Seattle one day prior to the ship sail day, get to the ship terminal around 11:30, no porter or any one greeting us until almost to the place drop off the luggage. Then the sign was not clear about what the passenger should go after that, perhaps that we were early, but it just seems a little disorganized on the size of the company and ship.

Everything went smoothly, go eat lunch, waiting for our room to be ready. The room was ready about 1:30, nice spaces for 2 people, enough draws and cubbies to store all our belongings.

The service was great, almost every crew member we saw greeted us with a smile or pleasantry. All the people working on the ship are friendly and eager to help.

The only complain I had was with the food, it is not the lacking of it, it is the food are generally bland and the seafood does not taste as fresh as it should be. I love fish, but after couple tries, I gave up on them, the Trout that I had on the dinner (main dinner room) tasted fishy, the trout should be a mild fish, but something was not right. The baked fish I had in the lunch buffet was not much better either. They are not spoiled or anything, just not quiet right, and most of the dish dose not have much flavor, I really am not a food snub, and pretty easy going on food, but I do expect better tasting food on a cruise.

The Shrimp Louie(appetizer choice) on the first dinner service should be a good indicator, I was shocked to see the shrimp are small than my pinky fingernail and I was not kidding. My friend joking say those are "shrimp want-to-be". 2nd night dinner the lady at our table ordered a Shrimp scamp, but what come out was a plate of pasta with 4 shrimps on them, she was not pleased.

Not all food are bad, of course, just more miss than hits. The only exception was our dinner at the Quine (their speciality restaurant), the decoration remind me of Alison in the wonderland (in a good way), the concept and the menu are very fun and unique, wish I can try more, but we have to put a stop on the offering before they served everything. The crab cake, steak, shrimp are all very good and love the way the put more fun into the eating experience, truly a excellent dinner.

The state room attentent was very efficient, and the room was always made up, trash cleaned and ice bucket filled, but no tower animal, so it feels like the job was very well done, just no "extra" to light up your face when you walk into your room.

The view in Alaska is breath taking, and I really want to go back and see more of it, this time we booked all our excursion though the cruise ship, and every one of it was good, we were very well taking care of and no complain what so ever. The Whale watching was the best, definitely should not be missed.

Will I sail with Celebrity again ? yes, I probably just need to adjust my expectation to the food :-)

Publication Date: 07/30/12