Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Alaskan Joe: Oasis of the Seas in the Eastern Caribbean!

Alaskan Joe
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis of the Seas in the Eastern Caribbean!

Sail Date: June 2012

OASIS OF THE SEAS June 30th-July 7th 2012
I just want to say to anyone thinking of cruising on Oasis of the Seas..... WOW, BEST CRUISE EVER! This was my third cruise and they have consisted of the following: Carnival-Miracle, NCL-Star, and now RCI-Oasis of the Seas. This ship holds 6,200+ passengers, however, it did not feel like there were that many people onboard. There was so much to do in a small amount of time and you definitely need a seven night or more on this ship to see everything. The cruise director was awesome, and her name was Amy (last name can't remember how to spell but started with a F). The only problem was.....she went to Ohio State....LOL Go Blue!
The main dinning room was very nice and had a great waiter named Mortza or something like that. The bar staff (Goody, Dejenna, and Jonhson) that was in Blaze the week of June 30th- July 7th of 2012 was awesome. The music (Hip-Hop) was not so awesome as we (my wife and I) are not into, but the younger crowd More loved it. The only reason we went and spent the night at Blaze was because it was the only late night bar on the ship and the bar staff was wonderful and the best on the ship.
Next grab your beers, lift them high in the air, swaying from side to side, and singing your favorite Irish tunes in the Globe and Atlas Pub and had great times here (complete w/this awesome guitar player Catherine). I love big beers stouts, IPA etc. so my personal choice was the Globe and Atlas Pub for the odd kinds of beer. The Rising Tide Bar was cool starting on Deck 5 (Royal Promenade), then rising three decks to Central Park and back down again. This bar was more like a martini and frozen fruity drink kind of bar. We did have a pleasant time in the Viking Crown Lounge just before dinner. We had a couple of cocktails and the bartender was very nice; however, a couple showed up and sat at the bar unnoticed by the time the bartender noticed they had got up and left. The last place we tried to have a drink in was Dazzles where the Frontliner Band played and they where pretty good. Dazzles is not a big party bar but they do have a great look over the boardwalk and plenty of comfy cushioned chairs, just not much bar seating.
The shows were...............WOW! Alot of reviews for the best show on this ship was the 'Ice Show'; however, mine was Hair Spray (I love musicals) even though the Ice Show was great. Next, was the Come Fly With Me show which was high flying acrobats and ground acrobats and was an awesome show (do not miss this!). They also have a comedy show in the Comedy Club but the same comedians are there all week long, but change weekly. Lastly, the Aqua Show was great they had a 3x champion cliff diver (could not even watch was to high for me...LoL) and over all a do not miss show.
Finally, the outdoor activities was great from the zip line, flow riders, pools, mini-golf, and much, much more. So to those of you thinking of going on this ship you should for sure, and for those of you who are going your in for a GREAT TIME! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 8218

We were on Deck 8 cabin # 218. This cabin was an outside balcony, and yes it was small. However, all the cabins on cruise ships are small, unless you get some kind of a suite. Although it was small it did have a lot of storage room. I think cruise lines should make the bathrooms bigger in the staterooms, I know this would take away from the size of the stateroom itself, but just my opinion. Over all the stateroom was nice and exactly what we expected.