“To cruise or not to cruise”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jade

Lanny01 Norwegian Jade 4 To cruise or not to cruise
Lanny01
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband was very keen to go on a cruise for our 25th anniversary trip. I was ambivalent, because I do suffer from sea sickness and I did not want to spend my holiday over a toilet bowl, or asleep in the cabin ( side effect of the motion sickness medication). I did many hours of research. Thank you fellow cruisers, your reviews helped me a lot. So we finally booked our cruise ship, over 90,000 tonne, mid ship room ( not too high up, to minimise the movements), 7 days only, somewhere calm (hence the mediterranean-eastern). We narrowed it down to the Norwegian Jade. So here's our experience, what I loved : The shore excursions, loved Izmir( Ephesus), Dubrovnik, Split, Athens. The evening entertainment.World class acrobatics, musicals etc. The fitness centre and the running track, where else can you exercise with views like Venice passing by? magical. Our son loved the kids club. We slept so well on the ship ( I was told by the staff, that this was due to the constant rocking movement) What I didn't like: The crowd !! 2000 people seemed to converge into the pool area, crazy! two small pools, standing room only!Witnessed people fighting over lounge chairs. The main dining room was so crowded, again people fought over tables and chairs!We ended up going on the specialty restaurants to escape the crowd. The long sea days, seemed to drag on. I felt nauseous the whole day,reading made it worse. Could not go to the spa area ( front of the ship), it was worse there.The patch made me drowsy, the ginger tablets helped with the nausea. Would we go again? I am not sure, maybe not, a river cruise maybe. By the way, my husband did not enjoy the cruise as much I he thought he would. He doesn't normally get sea sickness, but he felt dizzy on those sea days too! We were both glad to finish the cruise. Some lovely memories there. I must add that the staff on the ship worked so hard ( 9 months straight, with no days off!), those extra tips meant a lot to them!!They were all fantastic!
Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mid-Ship Balcony

BA
Mid ship with balcony. Deck 11. Choose wisely some of these rooms are underneath the kids club (deck 12). Spacious enough, with enough storage room. Balcony is good. Somewhere quiet to go to. Happy with bathroom, with a bathtub!

Published 07/30/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jade Review
Norwegian Jade Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?