“What a disappointment...”
Cruise review of Sea Princess

doolittle1 Sea Princess 2 What a disappointment...
doolittle1
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I don't know what is happening with the Princess brand, but after our recent cruise to Alaska, I doubt I will ever book with them again. Cabin -- we booked a suite and it was excellent, as was the room steward. With a suite comes free laundry/dry cleaning, but it was lacking. It took 3 to 4 days to get clothes back, and no one seemed to know where they were or why the delay. Food -- the buffet catered to a decidedly Asian taste. the choices were unusual, such as baked beans for breakfast, lunch meat that I couldn't identify. The potato salad was "swedish" one day, and the next day, the same salad was labeled something else. Nothing had any flavor. The bananas were so black and bruised by the last day, Princess should have been embarrassed. No berries ( only strawberries on two days ) were served, forget about halibut or crab. There were many older travelers who might have like a selection of sugar-free desserts. Forget taste or variety. No "no sugar added" ice cream was available. If you liked the same sugar-free jello, then you picked the right cruise. We ate in the specialty restaurant one night and it was excellent. The best place to eat was the grill. Most people realized that by the second day out. Shopping on-board -- uninspired and very limited. Many children running around -- especially through the buffet. No parents around in many cases. Also, the children (and some adults, too) think it's acceptable to touch the food with their fingers...Also, even though hand-sanitizers were available at the buffet, many passengers just ignored them. Children were also in the hot tubs, with no one from Princess talking to the parents (who for the most part were not around) to restrict them -- there was a sign that restricted children, but no one seemed to notice or care. Activities - I did the ceramics - but it was disorganized and only allowed 20 to a class. Not many other activities onboard. Entertainment - run of the mill -- not up to previous Princess standards... I can't imagine taking another cruise with Princess. The disappointment has left a bad taste in my mouth -- or am I still tasting the food from the cruise??
Sea Princess Cruises to Alaska

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sea Princess Review
Sea Princess Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?