“Alaska adventure”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was the second time I have cruised on the Ooesterdam and it was an excellent cruise. When I read the poor reviews before going to Alaska I thought maybe things had changed since I last cruised to Mexico with the Oeesterdam two years ago. Nothing could be further from the truth and the people who complained probably should not be cruising. The only complaint I had on the past cruise was too much smoke in the casino but they have fixed that problem with a non smoking section. I talked to a number of the staff on this cruise and they made me feel like they very happy to have me along. Holland America knows what customer service is all about and they pay attention to details in the way they train their staff. I asked other people who had cruised before and I got the same answer. They said the food and service were better on the Ooesterdam. I have never tasted so many fine meals, served by such nice staff The entertainment each evening was very good and the bands, guitar player and piano bar was so much fun. The Captain took us right in close to the glacier at Tracey Arm and explained that it changes from day to day due to ice conditions. The people who complained the ship did not get in close enough were there on a bad iceberg day. This is the only cruise line that goes into Sitka and it is a wonderful town. I loved seeing the Kodiak bears up close at " Fortress of the bears" and the eagles at the Alaksa Raptor Centre. It was truely a wonderful holiday.
Oosterdam Cruises to Alaska

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Oosterdam Review
Oosterdam Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?