“Did I sail on a different ship to everyone else”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas

ollienbertsmum Adventure of the Seas 5 Did I sail on a different ship to everyone else
ollienbertsmum
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my second time on the Adventure out of Malaga. I think that I had learned what to expect and what to avoid this time. We knew that if we wanted to get lunch without a crowd we should eat at around 1 pm. We knew that supper should be taken before the show ended and before 9.15 pm. We booked a balcony so that we had somewhere to enjoy the sunshine without having to sit amongst large Spanish families. We knew that the best time to swim was early in the morning or at the very end of the day - or to go to the beach at the port stops. If not it was treading water only in the pool or solarium. And so I followed all my rules and had a wonderful cruise. The public spaces were a were a bit chilly for my liking, but the bars and casino were empty (it seems that the , who made up the vast majority of the passengers, do not like to drink??) so we always got served in an instant and I played whole rows of machines and had a plan to start doubling my money. It is a pity that I had a maximum of $5 per night and the machines did not stick to the plan. The ship seemed in great condition, the crew were helpful and friendly. I just have no complaints, apart from the fact that the ship is leaving Malaga this year. The four ports were great, I cannot find them listed so I will review them here. I loved calling in to Valencia 1 pm to 9 pm - it made for a very relaxing stop. Those people who complained that everything was closed due to it being a Sunday clearly did not go to the parts that were open! The beach in Valencia is wonderful and wide. I liked the warm water but I know it is not to everyone's taste. Civitavecchia is great as ever - the train station to Rome is accessible as long as you leave early and aim to get back early. We used the ship tour 'Florence on your own' - I usually do not like ship tours, but it was good value for money. The guide was brilliant never stopping talking during the journey. Ajaccio - my second visit and I am liking it more and more. The little train was a good way of seeing around. I would have chosen to have gone to see the Calanches of Piana but that would have been on a ship tour and they did not offer it.
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6616
Near lifts but not noisy at all. Near to everything but perhaps 7th deck would be right in the middle in terms of going up and down - we didn't use the elevators and sometimes going up the Windjammer seemed a little far. The upper floors have glass rather than metal sides but the metal did not spoil my enjoyment.
Published 07/29/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Adventure of the Seas Review
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?