Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ollienbertsmum: Did I sail on a different ship to everyone else

ollienbertsmum
Member Since 2007
1,236 Posts

Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Did I sail on a different ship to everyone else

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

This was my second time on the Adventure out of Malaga. I think that I had learned what to expect and what to avoid this time.

We knew that if we wanted to get lunch without a crowd we should eat at around 1 pm. We knew that supper should be taken before the show ended and before 9.15 pm. We booked a balcony so that we had somewhere to enjoy the sunshine without having to sit amongst large Spanish families. We knew that the best time to swim was early in the morning or at the very end of the day - or to go to the beach at the port stops. If not it was treading water only in the pool or solarium.

And so I followed all my rules and had a wonderful cruise.

The public spaces were a were a bit chilly for my liking, but the bars and casino were empty (it seems that the , who made up the vast majority of the passengers, do not like to drink??) so we always got served in an instant and I played whole rows of machines and had a plan to start doubling my More money. It is a pity that I had a maximum of $5 per night and the machines did not stick to the plan.

The ship seemed in great condition, the crew were helpful and friendly. I just have no complaints, apart from the fact that the ship is leaving Malaga this year.

The four ports were great, I cannot find them listed so I will review them here. I loved calling in to Valencia 1 pm to 9 pm - it made for a very relaxing stop. Those people who complained that everything was closed due to it being a Sunday clearly did not go to the parts that were open! The beach in Valencia is wonderful and wide. I liked the warm water but I know it is not to everyone's taste.

Civitavecchia is great as ever - the train station to Rome is accessible as long as you leave early and aim to get back early.

We used the ship tour 'Florence on your own' - I usually do not like ship tours, but it was good value for money. The guide was brilliant never stopping talking during the journey.

Ajaccio - my second visit and I am liking it more and more. The little train was a good way of seeing around. I would have chosen to have gone to see the Calanches of Piana but that would have been on a ship tour and they did not offer it. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas 6616

Near lifts but not noisy at all. Near to everything but perhaps 7th deck would be right in the middle in terms of going up and down - we didn't use the elevators and sometimes going up the Windjammer seemed a little far. The upper floors have glass rather than metal sides but the metal did not spoil my enjoyment.