Viking Ingvar Cruise Review by nomadlin@comcast.net

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Viking Ingvar Cruise Review by nomadlin@comcast.net
Viking Ingvar
Viking Ingvar
Member Name: nomadlin@comcast.net
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: St. Petersburg
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: Viking Ingvar Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: Viking Ingvar Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Russian Tour
The ship and staff were wonderful. Our cabin had a large window and the deck outside was roped for for staff only, so it was very private. The room was well appointed and though small did not seem crowded.

Food was different every day and delicious (even the reindeer and borscht), staff was very friendly and seemed they would do anything for you including discussing with us their jobs, homes, family, etc. Enjoyed them very much.

The scenery was beautiful and like nothing I expected. Though I don't know what I expected as this was my first Russia trip! We had multiple days in both St. Petersberg and Moscow and one-day excusions in quite a few small towns visiting magnificent churches and purchasing handicrafts of the Russian people. I brought home beautiful souvenirs that I will cherish. The gift shop at the Armory Museum at the Kremlin had gorgeous things, but unfortunately no one spoke English and our guides were not there to help.

In between visiting the small towns, we sailed on beautiful rivers and huge lakes - so very peaceful and beautiful. Children along the way were always in the rivers/lakes playing and greeting us. Fun

The weather was abominably hot and that made me miss a few things so we probably should have booked on another date.

The airport in Moscow was simply awful. After checking in with our airline, it was chaos and there was no one who spoke English to help us find out where we were supposed to be. Our flight took off at a different gate that the airline indicated, we stood in a line for over 2 hours not knowing if we were in the correct line. I envisioned another week in Moscow - at the airport!

Publication Date: 07/29/12