Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by annajriley: Bermuda- rainy, historic

Bermuda- rainy, historic

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

Enchantment of the Seas is a small ship. The seas are rough. This is the north atlantic, not the carribiean. if you are taking this cruise- do what I did and start taking pills to prevent motion sickness on the morning before you leave.
This ship will be moved to FL next year after it is refurbished. RC always does a good job- my fav. cruise line. Wait staff was wonderful and the food was excellent. its not as good as as larger ship, so if you just went on the allure or freedom you will be let down. theres lots of down-time during the day, the bars and entertainment was all at night.
The wind on deck was so strong you could have tested aircraft. it wasnst pleasant even to just sit by the pool, wind whipping water out of the hot-tub and pool most of the time. I dont remember it being like that on other ships.
The rock-climbing wall looked short (30') and nobody can watch you climb or take pictures because theres no room. I never saw anybody jumping on the trampoline More thing. Gym has no sauna, (one my fav things on Freedom of the seas was the dry sauna). The windjammer was good - food was all good. sometimes they seemed to open late, (didnt start serving lunch till noon), Pizza was cold and horrible- by the solarium. worst cruise ship pizza ever, 10+ ships.
Captiains corner Q&A was interesting. 'the quest' was fun.
It wasnt my fav cruise, the larger ships have so much more to do. The dining room is nice. The bus/ferry 2-day pass for $20 was good. I recommend let the first day you doc be day 1. get on bus route 7 and go to horseshoe bay, (very steep hill to walk back up so bring comfy shoes) a local was offering a ride to the top of the hill for $2. the sand didnt look pink at all but I brought a little home and it did look pink after it dried. the gibbs hill lighthouse is on route 7 also- and the giftshop at the lighthouse had the cheapest souvenir prices. (selling the same things for less). BUEI was worth it ($12, opens at 9AM), the water at Bermuda is beautiful, interesting to see the British cars w/the steering wheels on the right and driving on the left.
tobacco bay is really nice- better for snorkeling than horseshoe bay. tobacco bay is in st. georges, go up to the unfinished church and take the road just on the right over the hill.
dont get cabin 3673,(next door to our cabin) they said the noise is so loud they couldnt sleep. it was loud for us too, i think we were just below the dishwashing area or the laundry. Advice-get a cabin closer to the stairs to save yourself a lot of walking down a narrow hallway.
The 70s party on the last night was fun. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 3671

Loud noises late at night, like heavy carts rolling around. We were below the laundry or dishwashing area or something like that. The cabin next door 3673 came over twice to ask us what we thought about the noise, saying they couldnt stand it and kept waking up. no staff member could explain what the noise is. (or didnt want to). Neighbor-cabin thought we were by the ship's screws. I had no problem sleeping in 3671.

we self-carrried our luggage getting off the ship. no waiting, walked right off, so nice. Getting onboard was easy too. Parking is easy. Luggage was at the room shortly after we got onboard.