Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by thetravelangel: Reflections My First Big Cruise

Celebrity Solstice 5

Reflections My First Big Cruise

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I was nervous about taking a cruise, I'm just not a cruise kinda person. BUT, with the prices coming down so low I thoght I'd give it a try
I picked the Celebrity Solstice 12 Mediterranean Cruise.
I then decided to go with the Aqua Class because I like the choice of times and smaller groups for dining.
I had read other reviews that were negative about aqua class and was concerned with the complaints about noise.
I am happy to say that Aqua class was well worth booking. The food offered in Blu restaurant was awesome. I'm a vegetarian and I had great choices of dinner with 4 courses offered every night, and they
never repeated the same meal. The service was excellent, our serve person Proceso was so helpful and gave great advice as to what to order.
Also the room was kept in perfect order by mario our room concierge.
I had no noise problem.
the only disappointment was the spa. I felt the massage prices were way to high at $195 for an hour.
Also was More really looking forward to yoga every day, and I thought what yoga they did offer, was really crowded and not with an experienced yoga teacher. Plus they charged for Yoga.
But the overall experience was great.
Shows were very good.
The tours were crowded, so I would suggest trying to book your own tour if you like doing your own thing.
Would I do it again. YES! would I book Aqua class again.YES!!!!!!!! Less

Published 07/29/12

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: A11558 AquaClass

Aqua class ,room 1558 Very nice, , loved service, nice veranda. Comfortable and large bed, great shower

Read All AquaClass (A1) Reviews >>
thetravelangel
Member Since 2012
0 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X