Viking Fontane Cruise Review by baritones: River Cruising, a Great Way to Travel

baritones
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Viking Fontane Europe - River Cruise Cruises

River Cruising, a Great Way to Travel

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

Many friends started talking about their good experiences with river cruising, many with Viking. After looking thru Viking's catalogue, I convinced my husband to go from Prague to Paris (Cities of Light). On a river cruise, you do not have to pack and unpack. While we were in a new port every day, starting in Wurzburg, Germany,we never felt rushed. Most of our outings were by foot, rather than daily bus rides. The cabin was comfortable and Viking makes use of every inch. Meals were always good and being able to pick you meal partners was great. Small ships are perfect, as you get to know almost everyone.

My husband really enjoyed the river cruise part of the trip. He is perhaps typical of some others, after seeing 1 castle and 1 cathedral, he has seen them all. I, on the other hand, was fascinated with all of the beautiful and historic buildings.

I would recommend this type of travel with Viking to anyone wanting to see other cultures. The Cities of Light cruise More travels on 4 rivers. The itineray goes both directions, Prague to Paris or vice versa. Give it a try! Less

Read more Viking Fontane cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Fontane Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Fontane

Our cabin was in the middle of A deck, and so we did not get engine noise or other noise. While very small, the cabin was adequately comfortable. 2 chairs are essential in any cabin. I have since taken a Viking cruise where the A cabins had balconies, which made a nice difference. Being on the A deck provides excellent views.