Viking Legend Cruise Review by georgia gold: Budapest to Nuremburg

Budapest to Nuremburg

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Budapest

Hats off to Viking for once again providing a fabulous river cruise experience. Budapest was one of those destinations to which I probably would never have visited had it not been on the itinerary. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring the city on my own as well as the shore excursion from Viking. As usual, the tour guides were quite knowlegable and interesting.

The cabin was nice and roomy. I just wish the windows had been larger like those on the Sky. Our cabin steward was exceptional.

The two most outstanding memories aboard the ship were listening to the talented pianist and being able to enjoy the wonderful dining experiences offered by the remarkable chef. Both of those men are treasures.

This was the second time I had traveled to Vienna, and I was able to see it from an entirely different perspective being on a river cruise. My biggest regret is that I did not choose to attend the evening concert while in Vienna. Very few of us were left aboard the More ship. My husband and I had thought about signing up for that excursion so many times, but in the end decided not to do so. When we heard such outstanding reviews from those who attended, we were very disappointed that we had not gone. Anyone who takes this cruise should definitely attend the concert in Vienna.

This was only my second river cruise, and we have booked another one for later this year. I must say that I'm hooked! The atmosphere aboard the smaller river cruises is far superior to that of the huge ocean cruise ships. It's a delightful experience getting to know the staff, and Viking Cruises hires extremely professional and personable staff members. Here's hoping that I get to enjoy many more relaxing vacations with Viking. Less

Read more Viking Legend cruise reviews >>