Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by MDNOTMD: Could Not Have Been Better, Unless I'd Won At Casino!

MDNOTMD
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Could Not Have Been Better, Unless I'd Won At Casino!

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our second cruise with Royal Caribbean, and first on such a large, wonderful ship. Freedom of the Seas (FOS) previously held the title as the largest ship in the world! Now one of its sister ships holds that title. FOS enthralled us with its Flow Rider simulated surfing pool, its rock-climbing wall, its regulation size basketball court, its promenade deck with shops and bistros, its ice skating rink, and its parade and tributes to the Shrek and Madagascar characters.

The ship is well-maintained, while the crew is super friendly and customer-service focused.

The food was really good, with a good variety on the menu, and served by attentive staff.

"Wow" is all that I can say about the entertainment. I was impressed by the number of entertainers on the ship who had achieved recognition on national television.

Our cabin was fairly large by cruise ship standards w large balcony, clean, and the bathroom featured a rounded plexi-glass shower door, More which adds a good size to the shower. I thought that the television channel could have had more free movies offered, but our grandsons always found some cartoon or kiddie show to watch.

In St. Thomas, we did the jeep excursion with RCCL; and we definitely were NOT disappointed. We enjoyed the excursion thoroughly, and thought that the price was worth it.

Although it couldn't be helped, due to a thunderstorm, the captain was unable to stay at CoCo Cay Beach. He did a marvelous job, however, of finding good weather after leaving there.

My husband won $500 in the casino. The only thing that would have made this cruise better is if I'd won, also!!

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't say something about how impressed I was with how RCCL handled the volume of guests on the ship. We never waited in a long line -- not even at the buffet. The only time there was a line was after we disembarked after the cruise, and there was a line at customs. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Deck 6 8562

It looked like the slide and water park at this port would have been fun. Unfortunately, due to a thunderstorm we were unable to experience it. The captain took us to sunnier places!
Read 246 CocoCay Reviews

We booked a private island tour with Bernard's Tours. I highly recommend Bernard and his right-hand man John. We had a wonderful day. Although on the pricey side, it was well worth it! Mr. John even honored my husband's birthday with a complementary bottle of rum punch.

Jeep Tour

(5)
I booked this excursion to give my grandsons (age 7 & 8) a memorable occasion. The excursion indeed lived up to that expectation! I highly recommend it.