“Grand European Tour July 2012”
Cruise review of Viking Danube

justuscruising101 Viking Danube 5 Grand European Tour July 2012
justuscruising101
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
From start to finish, Viking Cruise Lines again proved to know what they are doing when it comes to: 1. Treating their clients; 2. Arranging transportation to and from airports; 3. Hiring professional staff and 4. Selection of cruise destinations and ports of call. I dealt directly with Viking, that is I didn't use a travel agent, and was fortunate enough to get Joleen Quatch as my contact with Viking in the Woodland Hills, California office. Joleen was prompt, courteous and a total professional. The entire staff aboard the Viking Danube also treated everyone with respect and professionalism. Two members in particual, a gentleman on the wait staff, Akos, and a young lady on the tour staff, Mercedes. We had sailed with these two lovely people before on the Schumann in 2009. We can't speak highly enough about them. The one stumble came in the the transfer from the hotel in Amsterdam to the airport. I do not blame Viking for this, but have mentioned it to the Customer Relations Department. The driver took 4 of us to the airport, 2 of whom were leaving from Terminal 1, while our plane was leaving from Terminal 3. The driver put all luggage out at Terminal 1 and announced that was the end of the line. My wife and I had to take our luggage to the correct terminal which was about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away. The Viking Customer Relations Department representative has handled this problem to a level that I had not expected, again, total professionally. We will definately be sailing with Viking again and will recommend your line to any and all that ask. Sincerely, Roger L. Lee
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

B219
The cabin and its amenities were exactly what one should expect. The size is small, but that's simply a matter of the size of the ship overall. Anyone expecting large cabins in such an environment are unrealistic.

Port
Enjoyed this port, and would have enjoyed more with perhaps another day. The place is too interesting to be there such a short time. The other ports of call on this voyage are not listed. Those being Bratislava, Vienna, Melk, Passau, Regensburg, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Wurzburg, Wertheim, Koblenz, Cologne and Kinderdijk. Each of these ports of call had its own charm and attractions well worth visiting and seeing. The people were all friendly.
Read 202 Budapest Reviews
Published 07/28/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Viking Danube Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?