Viking Danube Cruise Review by justuscruising101

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Viking Danube Cruise Review by justuscruising101
Viking Danube
Viking Danube
Member Name: justuscruising101
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Budapest
Destination: Europe River
Cabin Category: B
See More About: Viking Danube Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Viking Danube Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Viking Danube Deck Plans
Grand European Tour July 2012
From start to finish, Viking Cruise Lines again proved to know what they are doing when it comes to: 1. Treating their clients; 2. Arranging transportation to and from airports; 3. Hiring professional staff and 4. Selection of cruise destinations and ports of call.

I dealt directly with Viking, that is I didn't use a travel agent, and was fortunate enough to get Joleen Quatch as my contact with Viking in the Woodland Hills, California office. Joleen was prompt, courteous and a total professional. The entire staff aboard the Viking Danube also treated everyone with respect and professionalism. Two members in particual, a gentleman on the wait staff, Akos, and a young lady on the tour staff, Mercedes. We had sailed with these two lovely people before on the Schumann in 2009. We can't speak highly enough about them.

The one stumble came in the the transfer from the hotel in Amsterdam to the airport. I do not blame Viking for this, but have mentioned it to the Customer Relations Department. The driver took 4 of us to the airport, 2 of whom were leaving from Terminal 1, while our plane was leaving from Terminal 3. The driver put all luggage out at Terminal 1 and announced that was the end of the line. My wife and I had to take our luggage to the correct terminal which was about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away. The Viking Customer Relations Department representative has handled this problem to a level that I had not expected, again, total professionally.

We will definately be sailing with Viking again and will recommend your line to any and all that ask.

Sincerely,