Crown Princess Cruise Review by loopsax: What a complete let down on Crown Princess

loopsax
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

What a complete let down on Crown Princess

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Having read a previous review about this same holiday and the fact that they too did not receive a reply to their letter to Carnival House decided me that I must add my comments.
We were at least informed about Rhodes, several months beforehand, although they couldn't/wouldn't explain why. This was one of the main reasons we booked the holiday - to meet up with friends. We should have taken this as a sign and cancelled our booking.

After arriving after midnight, with no food or drink offered (except for a cold sandwhich and a hot drink that had to be paid for) when we embarked we were given a cabin (and this was supposed to be an "upgraded" cabin according to their emails to me prior to the holiday) that was grubby and had many stains all over the carpet which resembled blood. On requesting a different cabin we were told all cabins were taken and that it wasn't blood, it was hair dye (who on earth dyes their hair on holiday!!) anyway, they knew about it and More unfortunately it couldn't be removed as it was now a permanent stain. I said that we wouldn't sit looking at stains on the carpets at home so why would we pay all this money to look at someone else's stains. A shrug of the shoulders was all we got.
The next day we returned to our cabin, which was full of chemical odours. The purser agreed that it was not fit for purpose and particularly as I explained that I have a medical condition which was exacabated by being near any sort of chemicals/paint etc. After sitting on the stairs for 4 hours, we were finally found another cabin which was for a family = bunk beds against the wall making movement very difficult around the cabin. This was temporary we were told as a family had failed to arrive. All our clothes and belongings were bundled up and taken into our 'new' cabin. We lived out of suitcases then for three days before we noticed our name was now on the door. Not even the courtesy to say we were going to stay there.
Some staff on board were clearly fed up, they were moaning and talking about one another in the top restaurant on several occasions, within our hearing, particularly about 'dreading' the next trip as 'kids' would be on board.
Certainly we also felt that the food was not as good as Sea Princess, nor the staff.
I agree with the person who wrote regarding Rome, being dumped there for a couple of hours and then having to sit in the airport for hours on end. Not a thought to your passengers Princess Line - get us off the ship and that's that!
I could go on and on unfortunately. However, suffice to say that I wrote to Carnival house and enclosed pictures of our first cabin and how our holiday was spoilt in an unsuitable cabin - living out of suitcases. I also mentioned the above and other things that indicated that Crown Princess needed to be monitored as it certainly put us off travelling with them again - such a shame after an excellent holiday on Sea Princess.
Needless to say, we too didn't receive a reply. I left it for nearly a month and wrote again - this time informing them that I had registed the letter. Within a week I received a very unsatisfactory reply - clearly the letter had been glanced at and most of the complaints were ignored. They offered us £300 between us off another trip with them. (As if we want to!!!) What a nonsense and what a terrible reputation for them to have, because I for one, intend to tell as many people as I can how Princess treat their passengers once booked and paid for.
We were not alone in our views of this ship, many people were voicing their disappointment - but may not all feel that they can review. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess

Tiny, worn, sad looking cabin. First cabin very noisy with air conditioner. Second cabin again rather grubby looking