Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Tkrapier5

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Tkrapier5
Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Member Name: Tkrapier5
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: other
        10-12 1.0
Embarkation Not Rated

Freedom of Seas July 15-22
We went on the cruise with my mother and father in law. We had a good time with a lot of positives and a few negatives on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it a 9.25.

Day 1 - Signing in/getting Sea Pass cards. Better then expected. We had our family in 2 rooms with one daughter in the grandparents room. We were able to get all information to each other. We then went thru security with no major issues. Once we got on the boat we were "mugged" by a waiter asking if we want a drink. He said it was BOGO free, the buy one being $7. This fine but when you have a family with children the least you want to think about is getting a drink. I would rather them have a bar set up with drinks so that we could have gotten ice tea or what ever. We were one of the last ones on the boat and did not know where to go. We rushed to eat in the Windjammer. Right after that my oldest daughter and I went looking for our room. As we went looking we were called to go on deck for the lifeboat taining. Our rooms were on the 3rd floor and we had to hunt for the room so that we could drop off our carry one luggage. We barely got out for the drill. We finally got settled but it was to late to go to the 1st sit down meal, so we ate Windjammer.

From here out I will give the areas we visit and a review as Day 1 was the worst day.

Windjammer - very good food. You just need to look for what you want and if you could not find it just ask. The best part of the Windjammer was Victor Chase - the first person you see as you entered. He was great, very entertaining. We could not wait to see what his next hat was going to be. The waiters were alright (Anegelo I believe was the best, also Calbert was friendly and helpful). We had a family of 7 so sometimes it was tough to find a table to fit us.

Cupcake Cupboard - Unable to schedule a session for our daughter but they made up for that with a 5 pound cupcake that our daughters surprised us on our 21st anniversary. I tasted great.

Isaac's - Ronald and Rohan wer great. They treat us great and the food was wonderful. Very helpful with our daughters on wanting to try the regular menu. Our 10 and 12 year old did not want to eat off the kids menu and they did not push it.

Sorrento's - good pizza. Nice variety. the chicken potato was different but good.

Flow-rider - the whole staff here was wonderful. Good training for all. I as a 46 year was able to stand up on the board. Sergio was funny whenever someone wiped out.

The pools - nice a clean. The lounge hogs were not that bad. We were able to find 2-3 chairs most of the time. The entertainment was good. The reggae band played the same music. Need a bit more variety.

Casino - suprised it had smoking areas. Otherwise OK. Too many slots down.

Bingo - fun. My daughter won 110.

Flowers - I ordered flowers for my wife for our anniversary, I ordered 3 and ended up getting 6. The were delivered to our room.

The parades - great!!!

Excursions - I was able to schedule a snorkeling trip with Mari. Very easy to do. We tried at the front desk for something at St Maartins but most everything was taken. They tried.

Front desk - Very helpful. Answered every question on a timely manor.

As you can see we had a good time and the the staff was great.

Now the only issues we had:

1. Did not like the waiters trying to sell a drink as soon as you entered the boat. Some of them during the week were pushy other were not.

2. Photo taking. Seemed pushy.

3. On the last full day after they removed the ice sculptures they left a container of water on the floor by the bridge. One of ur daughters walking tripped over it and slightly bruised her leg. We went to the MED Center. They were very helpful, but she was unable to do anything that day because we wanted to make sure she did not hurt her leg more.

4. Our children stayed with us. The one time our 12 year checked the 12-17 room, she was the only one under 16. Need to cchange the age group go 11-14 and 15-17. 12 year old should not be in with 17 year olds.

Would I recommend Freedom of the Sea.. YES!!

Publication Date: 07/28/12