Norwegian Star Cruise Review by lynnealbright: First time Cruisers

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Bermuda Cruises

First time Cruisers

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our first cruise ever. My husband and I were with 6 other people who have cruised before.

So we did not even leave the dock when were locked out of our room. Our key cards would not work and the replacement key cards did not work. Maintenance had to fix our door, which took 3 hours. We missed the message that we had booked so that was rescheduled for the next morning.

I am not a fighter but I did feel like we should be compensated for the inconvenience. They offered to pay for one of our special, prepaid dinners and gave us a bottle of wine.

I like our room, perfect amount of space for 2 people. It was clean and everything was in working order.

The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The food was good in every restaurant and the service was fast.

There was plenty to do on the ship every day and night. We did attend 1 comedy shot that was not funny. We played bingo but did not win. The last show of the cruise was really good More and they made a special presentation to a man who was retiring from NCL from working with them since 1969. It was very touching.

The only negative I would have to say would be that this cruise was packed with lots of kids and the pools and jacuzzi s were full all the time. We did not get in any of them. Maybe going on a cruise NOT in the summer would have less kids.

All in all it was a great experience. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>