Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by 2legit2quit

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
        7-9 4.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Liberty: YES, PLEASE!
Taking a plane from Dallas,Texas to Miami, Florida was definitely a boring experience!

Embarkation: As recommended from a family friend, we brought our own 16 pack of water. Bad idea. The line was VERY long, but it went by within 45 minutes. Having to constantly stop, put the water case down, start, and pick it up is very tiresome. Overall very quick and easy, (be prepared to have your picture taken!)

Buffet: Once on board we went to the buffet (we had no idea about other restaurants until very late into the vacation) and were offered several drinks of the day (which,I kept the glass of as a small souvenir).Being a party of 13, we could not all sit together as the table space was limited. The food in the buffet was just average. Nothing really stood out.

At Sea: The at sea days were definitely fun!Though, I don't really recall doing that much. Going to the Buffet and sitting by the pool all day are definitely a must! Though be prepared to bring goggles, as the pools are salt water with a lot of children splashing.

Entertainment: My family and I went to a few shows including The Newlywed Game, VERY HILARIOUS!And a few other comedy ones that I can't quite remember the name of.

Dining&Food: We ate every night in the Main Dining Room, and did not regret it at all! With a late seating you are definitely given a better opportunity to stay on the ports for a little while longer. The food was delicious~my favorite being the lobster tail, and for desert the chocolate melting cake~my sister ordered 4 plates of lobster!I do not drink alcohol and found that the Virgin Pin~a Coladas were definitely pricey for a non alcoholic drink. The wait staff was AMAZING! They performed magic tricks for us and the children and seemed to really care for our well being! It was somewhat challenging to make our way to the dining room from various places on the ship, but we managed. The room service took about 45 minutes to make it to the room, but I preferred the wait to the food in the Lido Buffet.The food was a bit above average~the tuna sandwich and fruit salad being my favourite!

*Tip: When they say "Formal Night" they do NOT mean gowns and tuxedos. Never making that mistake again, ha ha. A business casual dress will suffice or slacks and a button up shirt.

Cabin: We had an interior cabin with two bunk beds (as I was sharing a room with my younger brother and our seven year old cousin would sleep over some times. The shower was definitely small but the overall bathroom space was pretty decent.Some major complaints about the cabin were that you could hear the phone ringing in the next room over (who gets calls at 5 AM?!!), and people were very noisy in the morning out in the halls. Definitely happy about the position of our cabin as you could walk just down the hall and arrive right at the water slide and pool area.

Other: My parents had their vows renewed and the service at the chapel was excellent! Though some of the staff need to realize that when a picture is being taken, one should NOT stand in the way! The children were served apple juice and the adults champagne.

Overall a great experience! Loved the parties out on the deck, very fun! My family and I are planning to to cruise on the Magic this coming January. HAPPY CRUISING!

Publication Date: 07/27/12