Black Watch Cruise Review by notagainforme: Never Again

Never Again

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Singapore

The ship is very old and it shows, the metalwork on handrails, floor areas etc. is just overpainted rust. The sunbeds are uncomfortable and badly stained, if they were in my garden I'd put them in a skip. On four or five occasions we were covered with black deposits that were belching from the funnel - my wife's silk dress wasa ruined.

On a long cruise we had to use the laundry - it was so inefficient, dryers that took a coule of hours to finish and 2 working irons between hundreds of passengers.

One bar area is out of bounds if you are a non-smoker, the smoking area is next to non-smoking and as you would expect, the smoke drifts over.

Ignore the markeing about restarants, there is really only one, and its not too bed unless you have to eat there night after night.

OK, it was full of very very old people but that didn't bother me. Their devotion to Fred.Olsen Cruises did. Less

Read more Black Watch cruise reviews >>