“Ah, the new Millie!”
Cruise review of Celebrity Millennium

Keys Kathy Celebrity Millennium 5 Ah, the new Millie!
Keys Kathy
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We were so excited to see the new "Millie"! We got up early the date of sailing to watch her dock just two blocks from our Hotel. The outside looked the same and in Vancouver, you get to see her up close and personal. Upon boarding we were greeted by a waiter who we new from trips out of Miami. He welcomed us back aboard and remembered my husband's name! It was immediately evident that all the carpet had been replaced (they had started replacing it during our April trip) We set off to see our room. We were in one of the new rooms that were added on deck 3 where the conference center was. The way that area is set up, the passage is kept open instead of being closed off like other cabin areas. Our steward informed us that the room had not been sanitized yet, but would could drop off our carry on if we wished. The Movie theater has been split into 3 conference rooms. I will miss the theater. I loved watching movies and playing bingo there. It was also a more intimate venue for speakers, but, time marches on and the loss of the theater gave me a cabin with a REALLY BIG WINDOW!!!! On to the other changes. The Crush bar was neat (I almost said "kinda cool") and although we liked the idea of the ice bar, we avoided it because the music was too loud and not really to our taste. The hole in the floor from the old Martini bar is gone and they have installed the Wine bar. The Martini bar was replaced with the Bistro on 5, which I highly recommend. You can indulge in all soup, salads and crepes your heart desires. I high recommend the Buffalo Chicken crepe. Oh, and the dessert crepe with bananas and Nutella was yummy too. Although the bar at the wine bar was supposed to be mostly wine, the bartender brought in other spirits as requested by guests, so we had our evening cocktails in the same place we always had. They had a lovely string trio that played most evenings. That was quite a change from prior cruises when you heard the music from the hole in the floor. Qsine was an absolute delight! What a great use of space! The new computer center is a much more effecient design and having ship wide internet was a joy! All in all, I would say cudos to Celebrity for the new Millie!
Celebrity Millennium Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View 6

063140
Cabin 3140- One of the new ones. Great Cabin, no noise from anywhere, Elton took wonderful care of us. Extra Large window, the drawers were the only draw back. They were to shallow. Close to the Elevator.

Port
Ketchikan is not responsible for the lousy weather we had the first week. What a great walking town the second week when the sun was out!
Read 1,242 Ketchikan Reviews
Port
Free transportation into town. I wish it ran more often. Nice place to lay in provisions. Great aquarium.
Read 114 Seward Reviews
Port
What a taste of a small American town. We had the privilege of being there on 4th of July. The parades were cute and "homey". The second week we rented a car and drove to Emerald Lake. Nice drive!
Read 831 Skagway Reviews
Published 07/27/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Millennium Review
Celebrity Millennium Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?