Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Lucylock2455

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Lucylock2455
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: Lucylock2455
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Cruise of a Nightmare - Carnival Conquest
At lifeboat drill when were not required to take our lifejacket which has happened on other ships we've cruised on, however, I was placed behind a man of well over 6 feet tall, I am 5'1". We sorted ourselves out and the gentleman kindly swapped places with me. There was no roll call and there didn't seem to be any method in knowing who attended and who didn't.

Our cabin was spacious and relatively clean. The bed linen was clean but the sofa had ingrained dirt on it. Our steward was lovely and very helpful.

An issue that did concern me was lack of use of the hand sanitisers outside dining areas. On every cruise ship I have been on there has always been a crew member to ensure everyone uses the facility however, this was not the case on this ship. This is potentially a serious health risk.

The food was not not good at all and often cold. It looked unappetising and tasted so. It was obvious to me one evening that my steak had been put in the microwave by the colour of it. The best meal of the day was breakfast. I even LOST WEIGHT while on this cruise!

On the first formal night, if you can call it that, my husband and I waited one and a quarter hours to be seated. I have mobility problems and had to take extra medication because of the pain I was experiencing. By the time we reached our table I was unable to eat because I was so uncomfortable that I had to retire right after our "meal". My husband complained and next day we saw the Maitre De who said he would assist us if we had any further issues. Needless to say we never did.

There are notices outside the lunch and dining rooms (Formal rooms) no flip flops, jeans or informal shorts. This request was totally ignored by a number of passengers. Similarly on formal nights just a handful of passengers bothered to make the effort to wear formal dress. If it is to be a formal night then make it a formal night as with the dress code for formal dining areas, this should be enforced.

Children ran around the ship sometimes in groups, up and down in the lifts playing "catch me". They came into the informal dining areas dripping wet from the pool. NO crew member ever advising them not too. There appeared to be no control over the children at all.

The carpeting in parts throughout the ship were worn and soiled.

The ship was loud, noisy and generally "chaotic". The staff were great but did not enforce any of the ship's rules. It seemed as long as nobody got hurt it didn't matter what they did.

When I wrote to Carnival they replied with a general letter saying that passenger safety and enjoyment were priority, which did not address any of my concerns.

The best part of the cruise was when we we able to disembark to come home!!!!

Never Never would I cruise with Carnival again and I certainly would not recommend them!

Publication Date: 07/27/12