Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Lucylock2455: Cruise of a Nightmare - Carnival Conquest

Lucylock2455
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Bahamas Cruises

Cruise of a Nightmare - Carnival Conquest

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New Orleans

At lifeboat drill when were not required to take our lifejacket which has happened on other ships we've cruised on, however, I was placed behind a man of well over 6 feet tall, I am 5'1". We sorted ourselves out and the gentleman kindly swapped places with me. There was no roll call and there didn't seem to be any method in knowing who attended and who didn't.

Our cabin was spacious and relatively clean. The bed linen was clean but the sofa had ingrained dirt on it. Our steward was lovely and very helpful.

An issue that did concern me was lack of use of the hand sanitisers outside dining areas. On every cruise ship I have been on there has always been a crew member to ensure everyone uses the facility however, this was not the case on this ship. This is potentially a serious health risk.

The food was not not good at all and often cold. It looked unappetising and tasted so. It was obvious to me one evening that my steak had been put in the microwave More by the colour of it. The best meal of the day was breakfast. I even LOST WEIGHT while on this cruise!

On the first formal night, if you can call it that, my husband and I waited one and a quarter hours to be seated. I have mobility problems and had to take extra medication because of the pain I was experiencing. By the time we reached our table I was unable to eat because I was so uncomfortable that I had to retire right after our "meal". My husband complained and next day we saw the Maitre De who said he would assist us if we had any further issues. Needless to say we never did.There are notices outside the lunch and dining rooms (Formal rooms) no flip flops, jeans or informal shorts. This request was totally ignored by a number of passengers. Similarly on formal nights just a handful of passengers bothered to make the effort to wear formal dress. If it is to be a formal night then make it a formal night as with the dress code for formal dining areas, this should be enforced.

Children ran around the ship sometimes in groups, up and down in the lifts playing "catch me". They came into the informal dining areas dripping wet from the pool. NO crew member ever advising them not too. There appeared to be no control over the children at all.

The carpeting in parts throughout the ship were worn and soiled.

The ship was loud, noisy and generally "chaotic". The staff were great but did not enforce any of the ship's rules. It seemed as long as nobody got hurt it didn't matter what they did.

When I wrote to Carnival they replied with a general letter saying that passenger safety and enjoyment were priority, which did not address any of my concerns.

The best part of the cruise was when we we able to disembark to come home!!!!

Never Never would I cruise with Carnival again and I certainly would not recommend them! Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest

Spacious cabin, (Outside cabin) plenty of cupboard space. Bed very comfortable including pillows. Shower room a little small but adequate. My husband spilled water on the sofa and when he wiped it off it was cleaner than the rest of it. It obviously needed a good scrub to clean the ingrained dirt.

We boarded a minibus outside the terminal. It is chaotic and has no queuing system. It's every man for himself. The Bahamian officer tried to control the crowds but it was useless with so many people he just couldn't manage it. At the market place there were some bargains but as usual a lot of touristy items not worth the money they were asking even when you bartered with them.
Read 771 Freeport Reviews

We made our way to the trolley stop and bought tickets to ride around the island on a guided tour. We thoroughly enjoyed that. We also enjoyed having a beer at Captain Tony's Saloon, "The original Sloppy Joe's".
Read 729 Key West Reviews

Again outside the terminal we took a minibus guided tour. The driver was great and told us a lot about the history and culture of the Bahamas. He took us eventually to the "Atlantis Resort" Wow! What a place. It appears to be the pride of Nassau. A good day out with him.
Read 2605 Nassau Reviews