“Just a little disappointed”
Cruise review of P&O Australia Pacific Dawn

karleigh Pacific Dawn 3 Just a little disappointed
karleigh
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my second cruise with P & O Australia and my first on the Pacific Dawn, having previously sailed on the Pacific Sun. This was a 3 night comedy cruise embarking from Brisbane. I was a little disappointed with one particular aspect of this cruise and that was the service. In the three days onboard we never once met our room steward although in saying that, our room was cleaned daily and spotlessly. I can honestly say I didn't see too many smiles from the staff when being served or having our tables cleared. A friendly attitude and smiles were missing big time. I work in hospitality myself and a smile can go a long way. A couple of staff bordered on hostile. I know it was only a 3 night cruise but for my sister-in-law, this was her first cruise and I have told her that in the future if she decides to cruise again with her husband, to actually consider Princess or Royal Caribbean. We loved the Salt Grill and it was well worth the cover charge we paid. Outstanding!!! We ate in the Plantation Buffet and The Waterfront Restaurant. The buffet was your usual standard on cruise ships. The Waterfront was not too bad. Everything else was great from some of the shows we saw to bingo, trivia etc. Embarkation was excellent. Our cabin on Plaza deck was a little noisy but otherwise very good. Good sized shower in comparison to other bigger ships. I have always said and still do that P & O is a good starting out cruise-line. We loved the Pacific Sun and have great memories of our very first cruise on her. Would I sail with P & O again - probably not.
Pacific Dawn Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Our cabin on Plaze Deck 5 was actually very good. The shower was a good size in comparison to other bigger ships we have sailed on. The layout was excellent with the placement of the wardrobe and drawers great. There was plenty of cupboard space for sure. We were to the aft of the ship and although we could hear noise from engine etc., it was bearable and we still slept well.
Published 07/26/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Pacific Dawn Review
Pacific Dawn Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?