Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by neilnric: Wonderful Iceland, Faroes and Norway

neilnric

Wonderful Iceland, Faroes and Norway

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Southampton

This is the first review we have written but wanted to comment on the great holiday we have spent on the Eclipse.

Check in at Southampton was simple and the beauty of travelling as a UK resident was being able to take the 80kg of luggage we had packed!

Bistro on 5 is a good place to have lunch as the Oceanview cafe can get busy on the first day.
The itinerary is great with plenty to do and see for all ages and abilities. The weather was also perfect, which you need. I think it would not be such a great cruise in cloud and rain as the mountains and fjords are spectacular.

I cannot believe people are still moaning about portion sizes in the main restaurant. We were full every night and our waiter always asked if we wanted double portions or extra veg! My partner often had two starters instead of soup and we often skipped dessert!

The only thing we were a little disappointed with was some of the main theatre entertainment as the comedian was ok and More the juggler was awful- he kept dropping things and his jokes were terrible. Apparently the impressionist caused offence and had to change his material for the second show! Hopefully Celebrity will take note of the feedback given.

All in all this was once again a marvellous experience- Celebrity are our favourite cruise line and the attention to detail is just right.

Having been on cruises with lots of different nationalities, it was interesting to go on a cruise with mainly British guests, and my comment here was it, on occasions I was embarrassed to be associated to them as I have never so many rude and patronising people- particularly from older guests who spoke to some of the staff like dirt. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>