Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by Caitinmountain: Destiny

Caitinmountain
Member Since 2012

Destiny

Sail Date: June 2012

Let me just say that I am not a seasoned veteran cruiser, nor would I consider myself a complainer type person. But I will say this--it's a good thing that Destiny will be undergoing a makeover in the next few months.

The floors seemed greasy and slippery. Pools were tiny and not easily accessible. The water slide was fun though!

Rooms were clean and well-kept, but I guess it was the open areas that didnt impress. They seemed dirty somehow; over-used.

The last thing that I was not impressed with was the layout of the buffet areas. The buffet was completely packed from the moment they served breakfast until the moment the buffet was closed. A mob scene! When they re-do the Destiny they may want to re-think the layout of the serving areas to make it flow easier.

We cruised with our 3 children--two are 21 years old and the other was 17 at the time of the cruise. Don't get me wrong--we had a great time, but I'm not sure we'd spend the big More bucks on another Destiny. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Balcony Empress 7122

Snorkeling

(3)
Wind was extremely bad and seas were heavy so the snorkeling at Cemetary Beach did not go as planned. We ended up at a place called Papagallo's which is very remote. It started raining and we were afraid our driver had forgotten us so we walked to the main road. Driver did finally show up, but I was panicked that we would miss the boat. No fun when on vacation to relax.

Dunn's River Falls

(5.5)
We were met at Margaritaville by our driver and taken to Dunns River Falls. We bought cheap water shoes and they really came in handy on this excursion! We left all our bags on the mini-bus and they were safe because the driver locked the van, so we did not have to buy a locker for our stuff. They do take pictures that you can buy at the exit area, shops are also on the way towards the exit--some vendors are very persistent. Be brave and tell them NO.