Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Dzul Ha: Is this the real Carnival after all?

Dzul Ha
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean Cruises

Is this the real Carnival after all?

Sail Date: July 2012

Carnival Imagination on 7-16-2012 Key West, Fl and Cozumel, Mexico / 4 day Cruise

This was the one you fear and have read about before.
Kids running amuck all hours of the night stomping and banging on doors.
Food lines were closed down early all over the ship, fun times posts and Port Times are shortened!
Waterworks slides were like a pool in the projects, line cutting. (attendant just laughed)
Carnival excursions are expensive and short! Book Local !!
The price was $150. Per day PP, the most I have spent in 7 cruises. Parking (in the sun) $20/ day. Ants infested our van there. MIAMI.
Bar keep saw our coupons and ignored us.
The tips were posted on my account at the highest rate ever. We had no ice in the room (for a day) , no refrigerator and no blow dryer. Which is common on that ship, I hear. The wait staff was rude on a night we seated 15 minutes prior to the next seat time.
I reduced my tips at More the guest services as a result.
Carnival is not consistent, not vigilant, and has gotten too expensive. Our local excursions were cheap and great!
I believe that the real "Carnival" is on the bigger vessels and anything less than 5000 persons now gets a "whatever style cruise". I only wish I had paid the "whatever style" price. Artificial reefs anyone?
Getting off and on the ship was easy, getting food was difficult.
Mongolian bar wait was 45 min... and it was terrible. Food lines closed 30 minutes early consistently with people looking around to eat... at $150.00 per person day?.... Really?
Ports of call were great, port times were shortened from posted itineraries. Same tired menu and so so food on this cruise.
We had a touch of the stomach bug from the first lunch, but bounced back. Sailing was nice.
Service was reduced it seemed. One wait staff per table per course, I have seen up to three before.
The shows were good and the comics were funny. It is still too much of the "you guys entertain each other" shows that save the cruise line money. Karaoke, game shows etc. ad nauseum.. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Upper/Lower Empress 81

no ref.. no hair dryer.. no ice in bucket half the time.. huge tips on my card.. Is this real life? Is this going to be like this forever? (utube dentist kid quote)