Disney Magic Cruise Review by Not for me.

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Disney Magic Cruise Review by Not for me.
Disney Magic
Disney Magic
Member Name: Not for me.
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 9C
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
        3-6 2.0

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Not for me
I really wanted to love this cruise. I really did. It was the first time we were taking our children on a cruise. Who would have thought a Disney cruise would not be suitable for children. Let's start off with the cabins. If you have more than three people--- splurge on something bigger. This was our first mistake. Four people with five bags of luggage in a stateroom is laughable. We were on top of each other. I know I know how often are you in the room--- well when the weather was as bad as it was ...the answer is a lot!!! Even just trying to get ready for dinner was crazy.

The characters. If you wanted a picture with a character which my one child did and the other didn't you had to get on line at least 30-45 minutes before the character came out, otherwise you are waiting forever on a line filled of cranky kids and even crankier parents. But this is Disney.

The pools--- LAUGHABLE how small there were and how crowded they got. AND how parents werent around watching their kids. My kids are younger so we needed to be around but the family pools were filled with wild kids running and jumping. And less to forget you were able to smell the smoke from the smoking section by the adult only pool.

And here is my favorite. The pirate party. Don't let anyone fool ya ( like our travel agent did (jerk)). The pirate party started at 9:45 PM!!!! Yes there were lots of kids still there but come on... Couldn't start even at 9??????

Publication Date: 07/24/12