Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by palofmine: Nice boat, needs work

Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Nice boat, needs work

Sail Date: July 2012

I am going to break this down into sections.

Flew in to Ft Lauderdale the day before, and thank goodness I did, cause my flight was delayed. Stayed over night in a hotel. Woke up on the 14th, got to the port at 10:30, was on the boat by 12, and in the Solarium by 12:30, with double fisted drinks. After that we attacked the Park Cafe best roast beef quest... OH MY GOD, I died and went to heaven, you must go there.

As soon as we got to our room we unpacked our power strip ( so glad we packed that), and our 2 irons ( they both made it through luggage). We shipped out the highlighter, and selected our night time activities. We met our room attendant Charlie, who was very friendly and was always ready to give us what we needed.

The Bathroom had no curtain, just a nice door, so my butt didnt stick to anything! Nice space in there, and TONS OF STORAGE! You arent in your room half the time anyway, and if you are, you need something else to do.

Dinner More night 1
We at our first dinner in the dining room, what a huge disappointment. The Chicken was horrible, and my husbands lobster bisque was watered down tomato soup.

Bahamas
We arrived in the Bahamas, to some overcast, ate breakfast in the Solarium ( Healthy food). We did the Blue Lagoon Beach, wonderful, not crowded at all,, but if you go at 1pm, you will be crowded and bombarded... go early!

Sea day - Wonderful time up in the ADULT Solarium, no kids over 16 allowed, but the over 16 kids attack it at night.. so be careful. Boogie Board, Spa, and dining room this day. Dining room was horrible again.. I had the Beef flank, with sauce. I asked for a house salad, I got a hacked wedge of lettuce, 1 tomato and 1 sliver of cucumber... our visits to the dining room were over.

St Thomas.
Breakfast in the Solarium again, wonderful... We did the Kayak, Snorkel and hike.. WONDERFUL excursion.. you will get tired from kayaking, this is not for lazy people or people with health issues or over weight people.. your boat will tip over. They took 400 pictures, and we got a disk of all the pictures for $40.00.. the took pictures of us kayaking, underwater snorkeling, crab racing, and romantic shots near the water.. back to the boat we went.., lunch in the Park Cafe again, wonderful... back to the boogie board... Dinner at Chops AMAZING... Karaoke every night...

St Maarten
Best Excursion day EVER - ZIPLINING at Loiterie farm was booked. Breakfast in the Solarium again. Ziplining was great... AGAIN, if you are overweight YOU CAN NOT DO THIS! YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO IT! They have weight restrictions for a reason, so you dont get hurt. AFter the ziplining, we headed to Maho Beach to watch the planes land.... BEST PART OF THE ENTIRE CRUISE! Dinner was at Sorrentos 24 hour pizza bar, then karaoke again.

Sea day
Boogie boarding, ziplining, cocktails, naps, and dinner at Giovannis. I thought Chops was good, GIOVANNIS 10 times better EAT HERE! Karaoke again.

Sea Day
Boogie Boarding, ziplining, naps, and all day in the Solarium pool again. Lunch in the solarium, and dinner at the windjammer which was 50 times better then the dining room.

Over all, good relaxing cruise. We will not be going on this ship or RC again. The ship was ok, if you have cruised, if you have not, you will love it. The food needs a lot of work, a LOT! The Air on the boat is bad, and the smell of every elevator is disgusting.

Cruise Director Amy, best cruise director ever.. she was made for that job.

Thank you to Charlie, our attendant for all his helpfulness.!

Check out my pictures here.

[URL=http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i330/deblibra72/Cruise%202012/?action=view¤t=Untitled-1.jpg][IMG]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i330/deblibra72/Cruise%202012/th_Untitled-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 6 7416

Cabin 7416 [URL=http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i330/deblibra72/Cruise%202012/?action=view¤t=Untitled-1.jpg][IMG]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i330/deblibra72/Cruise%202012/th_Untitled-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Lots of storage, but bring a power strip, and a portable iron. BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS for the beaches/chairs , easier to find your spot. Room space was great, always room to move around, no problem with bathroom.. this one had a door, not a curtain. Great room for the money.