Carnival Legend Cruise Review by twotimescruise: Carnival Legend Better Than Expected

twotimescruise
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Legend Better Than Expected

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

We are from Tampa so this was an easy port for us to use.

The check in was as expected long lines of people waiting to be on vacation. The two interior rooms 6187 for my kids and our 6179 were in a great location easy to get to meals and shows. They were also very quiet and our steward did a great job at keeping them clean. The staff was cleaning 24 hours and all areas were well kept up. There was lots of closet space and I love the carnival robes.

The food was great from the start to the end. I especially am thankful for our server in Truffles, Orlando and his crew. My 15 year old son thinks Orlando was the best part of our cruise. Nightly he had magic trick for him and gave him extra attention. We looked forward to seeing Orlando and of course a yummy meal.The warm melting cake is a favorite by far but I truly think they did a good job with all our meals. The kids enjoyed the fresh deli options.

We booked our own excursions and saved lots of money. More Our favorite was Cavetubing R"us" in Belize. All the ports were fun to visit and I would have loved to had more time in Roatan. The beach is beautiful and there just was not enough time to explore more.

My 15 year old did not participate in the Kids program and if he had I know that he would have enjoyed the cruise more. He was feeling seasick and spent most of the time in his room. The rest of the family had a great time and really enjoyed The serenity deck. We appreciate the hard working staff of the Legend and felt like Carnival did a great job this was a nice family cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Interior Empress 6179

Nice inside rooms lots of closet space. Very quiet and easy to get to any location from these rooms.

Carvetubing R"us" excellent tour with David. An excursion not to be missed the best price and best tour by far. Read the review on Trip Advisor you can not go wrong. Much less than carnival and a much better tour.

We went in a cab to a local beach. There were too many people trying to sell us junk non stop. My son did get to jet ski for a decent price. I think it was called, Carlos & Charlies? The water was not very clear and there were lots of rocks.
Read 3104 Cozumel Reviews

Island Tour

(3)
It felt like they packed as many people in the bus as they could and ran from stop to stop trying to sell things. I did like the last stop being the beach and the driver offering to come back in a few hours to take us back to port. I talked him into a lower fare but I still think it was too high for what they do.

Mahogany Bay was beautiful and I would have loved more time there. We also would have wanted to explore Roatan it looks so pretty.
Read 1645 Roatan Reviews