Good cruise overall, but jam packed: Carnival Dream Cruise Review by ShortFuse
Overall Member Rating
Good cruise overall, but jam packed
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
- Fast embarkation time. It took longer waitng for the shuttle from the hotel than it did to get checked in and boarded
- I loved the cove balcony and the cabin. It was nice being close to the water. The room was a good size as well.
- Ports. I liked all of the ports, Cozumel was the best.
- Stateroom steward, he was great. Kept the room clean, bed made and towels restocked. Also filled the ice bucket daily. The towel animals were cool to come back to in the nighttime
- MDR service. Our head waiter and assistant were great. Friendly and quick
- Steakhouse. Excellent service and food. My only regret is not being able to finish the porterhouse and massive slice of cheesecake.
- Deck 5 / Linai. I found this deck More way more relaxing than Lido because it was easier to find a chair or space in one of the hot tubs
- Lines, lines, and more lines.. It seems like the Dream does not have enough public areas. Every time I tried to go to the buffet it was either overcrowded or closed. We avoided the stampede in the buffet area on embarkation day by heading upstairs to the pasta bar.
- Too many announcements about shopping and gift shop sales, it became annoying
- Chair hogs taking up all the seats everywhere including Serenity. Nothing was done about it. Seems like its a free for all.
Overall it was good but the overcrowding bugged me and took away from some, but not all, of the enjoyment of the cruise. I have another cruise booked for January 2013 on the Victory, I hope it feels a bit less crowded. Less