Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by jtaylor2: Splendor

Splendor

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We just returned from a very nice trip on the Carnival Splendor. We sailed the 7 day Mexican Riviera itinerary out of Long Beach. Overall, I would rate the experience as an A. The ship was very clean and well kept. The cabin steward crew, although ghostlike, were good at keeping the cabin spotless. On board music was about what I expected and remembered from my last Carnival trip. The comedy club performers changed mid trip and all four gave good shows. They would offer a family show early and an R rated show later in the night.

We took the Catamaran tour to the see the rocks and some beach time on the first Cabo day. The views of the arch, lovers beach and the the area are amazing. The beach is another thing all together. The biggest issue was the vendors and the jet ski exhaust. I have seen beach vendors all over the Caribbean and these guys take the cake. The food and drink service was very good at this location. On the Puerta Vallarta day, we took a tequilla distillery More tour which was well done. The tour guide was personable and well versed in local history.

One not so positive observations involved in main dining room staff. We ate most of our meals in the MDR. The staff in the Gold Pearl dining room appeared exhausted the entire trip. Our head waiter who was professional but mostly disengaged.

The wife and I left the kids to their devices and enjoyed a very nice dinner in the Pinnacle Steakhouse. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent.

Our party was my wife and I in a balcony cabin and our kids, 22,18, and 14 in an inside cabin across the a hallway.

We enjoyed the trip and would not hesitate to use Carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Verandah 8354

8354 is near the very busy stairs from the Lido pool area. The noise was pretty high at times. You can also hear the rumble of carts on the deck above. It was our first balcony cabin and we won't sail again without one.