Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Nozzlehead: Cold ship but warm staff

Nozzlehead
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Mexican Riviera Cruises

Cold ship but warm staff

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Driving from the Phoenix area the Sunday morning of our trip, my wife and I arrived about 10:30am at the Long Beach pier.Let me first say that the staff at Carnival Long Beach port was fantastic. We were assisted from the get go with warm smiles and informative staff as we waited to board the ship. With the early arrival we had the opportunity to see and talk with a few of those passengers just leaving the ship from the previous trip. All agreed great trip...but a warning of "I hope you brought a jacket"! Wow, I thought a trip to Mexico in July, how cold could it be?

With a quick check in we made it onto the ship by noon. If you have issues with the color pink, this is not your ship. I could care less about the color, I do not take cruises to critique the interior decorating. We had a great balcony room, the ship had a great deck for lounging and of course cold intoxicating libations. The downside - The interior of the public areas, dining rooms, buffets and show room were More like meat lockers! Maybe it was my Arizona thin blood, but I will never take another cruise without some type of jacket.

Overall the food was fantastic in the dining room and pretty average in the buffet area. But the buffet line was always pretty short and had some great deserts.

As mentioned earlier staff was great on and off the ship. Our cabin steward was extremely friendly and always had a smile on his face even though he seemed to be working non stop.

The ports of Cabo and Puerto Vallarta were great fun, but for those who have never been to Mexico make sure you learn the No Gracias routine.

Great trip, good ship, fantastic professional personnel. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Verandah 8217

You name it you can do it here. Para sailing, jet ski, fishing or just site seeing. The food here is fantastic with some of the freshest sea food you will find. Also, great couple massages for $20 per person!

Rhythms of the Night

(5)
On the night of our Rhythms of the Night dinner and show we received a downpour of rain. I gotta say, even with the rain the night was still special. Great food and a shortened show did not disappoint. Also, a fun boat ride too and back to our ship.This is a great excursion!