Carnival Pride Cruise Review by happyboyishome: Not going to do that again!

happyboyishome
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Not going to do that again!

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my first cruise. I hated it. The cruise director and her assistant, Gumbie, are the most annoying people on the planet. Gumbie was rude and obnoxious to passengers when they did not do what he wanted them to. Case in point when he tried to get them to sit down in the Taj so we could depart for Half Moon Cay, his tone was condescending and rude. I also hated the fact that someone was in your face every second trying to sell you a drink. They were annoying. No matter where you went, there was someone at the ready to harass you. The food in the buffet area really sucked. The Normandy had much better food. At least it was edible. The activities that they had planned were so lame. Not only that, most times they charged you to participate. They charged $25 or $30 to play bingo. THEY ONLY PLAYED ONE GAME! This was not about providing you with a fun filled vacation, it was more about seeing how much money they could suck out of your wallet.

They had some shows that were More performed by their ensemble performers. I know these guys worked hard, but Mike, the main male singer, and his female counter part, can't remember her name, were so self indulgent when they sang, it took away from the performance. The other shows they had were great, especially the comedy club. The comedians that they had were all great. If it was not for them, the trip while on the ship would have totally sucked.

The ports of call were okay. We did an excursion on Grand Turk that was pretty good. Our tour guide, Tracy, was great. He took us all over the island and was very knowledgeable, which made the two and half hour tour fun and interesting. The day at Half Moon Cay was fun and relaxing, however, we could have been given more time on each. Free-port, we simply shopped, but it did not have much else to offer.

Some of the wait staff and cooks were rude to us. This only happened twice, but it sort of put a damper on the trip for me. I know they work hard, but there is no reason for them to be rude to the guest.

I will never go on another cruise. I strongly suggest that you avoid cruising especially on this cruise line. It seems that their focus is all about money and not providing a quality vacation. I did not mention that there was a fire scare and a lot of water leaking from the ceiling. It happened in the Taj, we informed the crew, and in the hallway on deck one.

If I could, I would demand my money back, but once the ship leaves dock, there is not much you can do.

Never again! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Upper/Lower Riviera

It was dark and small but clean.