Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

MSC Opera Cruise Review by Enot: Surprised. And not in a good way.

MSC Opera 3
Enot
Member Since 2007

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on MSC Opera Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Surprised. And not in a good way.

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Other

I've been reading members' reviews for some time now, and there are always "pro" reviews and "con" reviews. None of them are objective. What does "bland food" mean, really? Or "low quality shows"? We all have different tastes.

Well, here are some facts for you. I was attracted to the itinerary. However, had I known prior to the sailing what I would be paying for, I would think twice before booking.

Here goes:

- Very limited choice of food in the buffet. Literally, 1 meat, 1 fish, 2 sides, some veggies. Seriously? on a cruise? :)

- They do not have shows every night. It seemed like a sound engineer boarded the ship on the third day, because prior to that the music was skipping so badly that it was almost unbearable. Also, the person responsible for the girls' costumes was clearly unaware of the fact that there are different bra sizes out there. I understand the desire to save a little on the costumes, but it looked ridiculous! We had a good laugh about More it, but I am not sure that was the goal of the show director.

- No pillow animals in the cabins! Now, this one you're going to love. I came over to the reception asking about the animals and a nice girl told me "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I will find out for you". Yea, right :)

Make no mistake, I still had a great time, I love cruising. But knowing all the above prior to choosing the cruise would help. Hope, this review will help you. Less

Published 07/24/12