MSC Opera Cruise Review by Enot

Member Name: Enot
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
See More About: MSC Opera Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: MSC Opera Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Opera Deck Plans
Surprised. And not in a good way.
I've been reading members' reviews for some time now, and there are always "pro" reviews and "con" reviews. None of them are objective. What does "bland food" mean, really? Or "low quality shows"? We all have different tastes.

Well, here are some facts for you. I was attracted to the itinerary. However, had I known prior to the sailing what I would be paying for, I would think twice before booking.

Here goes:

- Very limited choice of food in the buffet. Literally, 1 meat, 1 fish, 2 sides, some veggies. Seriously? on a cruise? :)

- They do not have shows every night. It seemed like a sound engineer boarded the ship on the third day, because prior to that the music was skipping so badly that it was almost unbearable. Also, the person responsible for the girls' costumes was clearly unaware of the fact that there are different bra sizes out there. I understand the desire to save a little on the costumes, but it looked ridiculous! We had a good laugh about it, but I am not sure that was the goal of the show director.

- No pillow animals in the cabins! Now, this one you're going to love. I came over to the reception asking about the animals and a nice girl told me "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I will find out for you". Yea, right :)

Make no mistake, I still had a great time, I love cruising. But knowing all the above prior to choosing the cruise would help. Hope, this review will help you.

Publication Date: 07/24/12