Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by CruzrwKidz: Great Ports and Overall Good Cruise

CruzrwKidz
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Great Ports and Overall Good Cruise

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

Overall, the cruise was good compared to the two previous cruises my family has taken. The majority of the ship's personnel were wonderful, however, we ran into a few who were not so nice, which very much surprised me.

The port was easy to find. We arrived around noon and the lines were fairly long in the terminal. Everyone was very friendly and the time went quickly until we were able to board which probably took 45-50 minutes. The remainder of the day, we spent exploring the ship to see where things were located. Lunch in the WJ and dinner in the Dining room. The DJs on the ship were very good and we enjoyed listening to them as we cruised away from Baltimore and throughout the cruise. Unfortunately, we were unable to attend the Welcome Aboard Showtime as we had 6 pm seating and by the time we arrived the theater was packed! Too bad they don't do this show twice.

Day 2 was at sea. I did attend the Destination lecture that day which was very informative. I More also enjoyed most of the Production Showtime. Some very good talent on the ship! Don't forget - formal night #1.

Day 3 we arrived in Bermuda. What a beautiful place to visit! We didn't do a whole lot that day, because the three men in our party were scheduled to snorkel at 3 pm and we wanted to see them off. Unfortunately, the waters were too choppy and the snorkel was canceled. We did do some shopping at the dock yard. That evening the party on the deck was great. Great job by the staff!

Day 4 we rose early and went on a 5 hour taxi ride. Anthony and Quentin were great hosts (we used 2 taxis for the 10 of us). As we left the dock we traveled along the southern shore visiting the Military Cemetery, Somerset (smallest draw bridge) where they provided bread for the kids to feed the fish, Gibbs Lighthouse, Horseshoe Bay Beach, Elbow Beach were they collected pink sand for us, and then Crystal Caves. After the Cave tour we continued north through Hamilton and across the northern roads. They were very knowledgeable and informative. What a great way to see the island! After arriving back on ship, we enjoyed the belly flop competition before dinner and the Headliner Showtime starring Rick Novell. Very enjoyable.

Day 5 was a washout literally. . . .rain. Bingo and the Art Auction were on the agenda that day as well as some family members taking in the afternoon movie. I choose to read, which was very relaxing. Production Showtime that evening was Stage to Screen, which was very good. Quest was also enjoyable and I must admit I did a lot of laughing.

Day 6 we spent at Boston which was great. Information on Boston is in the port review. This was also formal night #2. The Original Drifters were on board for the evening entertainment. While I did not attend, most of those traveling with me did and were very, very happy with the show. We then enjoyed the Love and Marriage Show and Al Katz's comedy.

Day 7 we spent in Newport which was also great. Information on Newport is in the port review. That evening Carl Andrews provided the entertainment and was quite good. My kids really enjoyed the magic tricks.

Day 8 was also a sea day, but packed full of entertainment by the crew - the cake decorating challenge, the International Parade of Flags, the Tribute to the Music of Neil Diamond, the rock climbing wall, and the Farewell Showtime. All in all a great ending!

Overall, it was a good cruise. There were a few negatives along the way, although I don't want to dwell on them. Unfortunately, Guest Services was one of these - they really weren't helpful. The food on the ship was very good. We did not do Chops, which I understand is great.

If the itinerary was right, I would go Royal Caribbean again! Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 3641

We stayed in interior cabin 3641 and our boys stayed in interior cabin 3639. The cabins had a connecting door, but we had to call guest services on the first day of the trip to have the door unlocked. The rooms were identical except for the fact the boys each had their own twin bed and my husband and I had a queen sized bed (with the two put together as one). The beds were very comfortable, exceeding my expectations! One problem with the beds put together was that there was no way to walk along either side of the bed. DH and I had to crawl on and off the end of the bed. I wasn't sure I would like the interior rooms, but they were quite nice. Actually, they were great for the kids because as soon as the youngest sees the light of day he jumps out of bed. This way he had no idea what time it actually was and I was ensured he got enough sleep. The rooms were also nicely located from the stairs and the elevators. The storage space in each cabin was very good with plenty of spaces to put things. Three of our four suit cases fit nicely under the beds. Remember to bring a night light or light up clock. It can be really dark. The service was wonderful!

Boston is a great port to visit. The view as the ship is docking is amazing with the airport on one side and the docks on the other filling container ships. Quite impressive. The city is awesome as well. We chose to take the hop on hop off trolley and were able to get tickets at the dock. Our goal for the day was to visit Fenway Park, and I must say it was truly awesome. They are celebrating 100 years this year and I was amazed at all of the history contained at the ball field. My boys (DH 45 and sons 14 and 10) really enjoyed it. After we toured Fenway, we visited the oldest fire house in Boston and then we jumped back on the hop on hop off. We then exited again and walked a bit of the Freedom Trail before returning to the ship. The only thing that could make this better would be to have more time in Boston. Truthfully, 7 hours just isn't enough.
Read 223 Boston Reviews

Newport was a great place to visit as well. Because of the whale migration, we were a little off the original times of our visit. We were scheduled to arrive in Newport and to begin the tendering process at 12 noon. However, we arrived earlier than expected and they started to tender folks at 11:20 am. It went very quickly. I believe our tender was #9 and we were probably on the boat by 11:45. When arriving in the city, the visitor's center is extremely easy to find. We stopped at it and purchased tickets to tour the Breaker's. Cost was quite reasonable and it was a welcome stop as we walked the Cliff Walk in 90+ temperatures. We didn't walk the entire trail because of the ease of getting on and off. We took public transportation ($2 per rider each way) and exited at the 40 steps location. We walked along the trail until the first place to exit and the Breaker's was at the top of the hill. The tour was quite interesting and they were able to handle to multitudes of visitors easily. We then got back on the cliff walk and preceded on it to the southern most tip before exiting (due to impending storms with lightening already in view). The views from the cliff walk were breathtaking. I must admit though that I don't think I fully understood the difficulty in maneuvering the trail until we were on it. Of course, keep in mind we were going absolutely as fast as we could so we could get to the end before the storm hit. The rocks were more difficult than I expected and that they told us at the Visitor's Center they would be. I definitely wouldn't attempt this with flip flops! You could do the first part from 40 steps to the Breaker's exit, but not much more. It's also good to know that there are two large pipes you need to walk through along the way. Unfortunately, on the return back to the visitor's center our trolley had to pass many folks because we were already full. That was the one negative. I believe on ship days at least they should have more public transportation available.
Read 125 Newport Reviews