Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by CruzrwKidz

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by CruzrwKidz
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: CruzrwKidz
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Great Ports and Overall Good Cruise
Overall, the cruise was good compared to the two previous cruises my family has taken. The majority of the ship's personnel were wonderful, however, we ran into a few who were not so nice, which very much surprised me.

The port was easy to find. We arrived around noon and the lines were fairly long in the terminal. Everyone was very friendly and the time went quickly until we were able to board which probably took 45-50 minutes. The remainder of the day, we spent exploring the ship to see where things were located. Lunch in the WJ and dinner in the Dining room. The DJs on the ship were very good and we enjoyed listening to them as we cruised away from Baltimore and throughout the cruise. Unfortunately, we were unable to attend the Welcome Aboard Showtime as we had 6 pm seating and by the time we arrived the theater was packed! Too bad they don't do this show twice.

Day 2 was at sea. I did attend the Destination lecture that day which was very informative. I also enjoyed most of the Production Showtime. Some very good talent on the ship! Don't forget - formal night #1.

Day 3 we arrived in Bermuda. What a beautiful place to visit! We didn't do a whole lot that day, because the three men in our party were scheduled to snorkel at 3 pm and we wanted to see them off. Unfortunately, the waters were too choppy and the snorkel was canceled. We did do some shopping at the dock yard. That evening the party on the deck was great. Great job by the staff!

Day 4 we rose early and went on a 5 hour taxi ride. Anthony and Quentin were great hosts (we used 2 taxis for the 10 of us). As we left the dock we traveled along the southern shore visiting the Military Cemetery, Somerset (smallest draw bridge) where they provided bread for the kids to feed the fish, Gibbs Lighthouse, Horseshoe Bay Beach, Elbow Beach were they collected pink sand for us, and then Crystal Caves. After the Cave tour we continued north through Hamilton and across the northern roads. They were very knowledgeable and informative. What a great way to see the island! After arriving back on ship, we enjoyed the belly flop competition before dinner and the Headliner Showtime starring Rick Novell. Very enjoyable.

Day 5 was a washout literally. . . .rain. Bingo and the Art Auction were on the agenda that day as well as some family members taking in the afternoon movie. I choose to read, which was very relaxing. Production Showtime that evening was Stage to Screen, which was very good. Quest was also enjoyable and I must admit I did a lot of laughing.

Day 6 we spent at Boston which was great. Information on Boston is in the port review. This was also formal night #2. The Original Drifters were on board for the evening entertainment. While I did not attend, most of those traveling with me did and were very, very happy with the show. We then enjoyed the Love and Marriage Show and Al Katz's comedy.

Day 7 we spent in Newport which was also great. Information on Newport is in the port review. That evening Carl Andrews provided the entertainment and was quite good. My kids really enjoyed the magic tricks.

Day 8 was also a sea day, but packed full of entertainment by the crew - the cake decorating challenge, the International Parade of Flags, the Tribute to the Music of Neil Diamond, the rock climbing wall, and the Farewell Showtime. All in all a great ending!

Overall, it was a good cruise. There were a few negatives along the way, although I don't want to dwell on them. Unfortunately, Guest Services was one of these - they really weren't helpful. The food on the ship was very good. We did not do Chops, which I understand is great.

If the itinerary was right, I would go Royal Caribbean again!

Publication Date: 07/24/12