Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Bellina12: First time Cruiser

First time Cruiser

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

Overall I really enjoyed my first Cruise. I was in room 8566, which is an obstructed view room. It was a mostly unobstructed view, only obstructed by a large red thing. I would totally stay in this room again! I was very concerned about noise, but it was absolutely not a problem!

Embarkation want a problem for us. We got to the port at 9, and gave our luggage over before 10 then went and saw Boston for a few hours.... painless :)

Things I learned -- remember those tickets you get when booking! You very well might use them! Dont expect to do laundry on the ship, they charge an arm and a leg to do laundry. If you dont mind eating at 5:30 pm, you can get free wine with your dinner at any specialty restaurant towards the end of the cruise. Dont book anything at the spa until the end, you get a better deal. The lobster was only served at the free restaurant the first day. The two free restaurants have the same menu. NCL will only tell you about things in Bermuda that More benefit them. I did not do a single NCL excursion. Instead, I found things through trip adviser and Cruise Critic. I was very happy with my own excursions and paid alot less.

What made this cruise for me was the was Spa. To be more specific, the week long unlimited spa pass for $119. For $119 you get to use the indoor spa pool, jacuzzi, steam room, lounge area, sauna, or hot tub every day from open till close. We used it every day, which meant that I never had to set foot in the outside pool filled with high schoolers!

I also got a massage on this trip and took a yoga class. Personally, I wish I would have stayed away from both. Its really annoying that you pay $100+ for a massage then they still try to sell you products (and IMHO, these products are worthless!!). The yoga class was AWFUL! I go to yoga 2-4 times per week, and love it. The guy who taught my class didn't have any type of certification and couldn't remember the names of the poses... this was a real let down. Also, he was doing more difficult poses that could seriously injure a person who is trying yoga for the first time. I might call NCL about this because it really concerns me.

I think these are the only real pieces of advice I can give that might be different from others on this cruise. Over all enjoyed it, but would do some things differently next time :) Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 8566

I was in room 8566, which is an obstructed view room. It was a mostly unobstructed view, only obstructed by a large red thing. I would totally stay in this room again! I was very concerned about noise when I booked it, but it was absolutely not a problem! In fact, I think spinniker was much further from my room that it appeared from the drawings of the boat on NCL. My room was right above the casino.