Carnival Glory Cruise Review by tipsboss

16+ 2.0
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Had a blast on the Glory!!!
This was my 3rd time cruising, my wife's 2ND time, and the kids 1st cruise ages 15, 16 and 19. This was my wife and I's 2ND time on the Glory.

Embankment was a breeze, as well was disembarkment. On the first night my wife and I took a tour of the spa and I was chosen to be a model for the barber and received a free shave. It was supposed to last for an hour and a half because they remove dirt, oils and dead skin, and then re-hydrate your skin. She had to make the treatment shorted due to the safety drill was about to start, but that was ok by me.

Food: Breakfast at the Red Sail was hit or miss. The first morning the coffee was really strong. One particular morning was bad. We had trouble finding a table. There were a lot of empty tables, but they needed to be cleared off. They have run out of bacon at the one station and I waited for them to bring more and I got tired of waiting so I sat down with my wife. The one station was out of coffee and the other station was out of cream. Some days the breakfast food was lukewarm and some days the food was cold. Lunch at the red sail was always served hot.

We ate at the platinum Dining room every night at the early sitting. We enjoyed it. The waiters were friendly and never complained about bringing more than one appetizer or more than one entree. I had couple of disappointments however. First was on the first night, my son never got his 2ND drink. I looked online at a sample menu and saw filet mignon and was looking forward to trying it and it was never offered. We were on the upper level of the dinning room and we only got to see the waiters sing and dance one night. They sang and/or danced every night except for the first night but it seems like they only performed down stairs. People would go to the stairs to watch the waiters but that was awkward because you had to stand by other people's tables while they were trying to eat.

We had room service one night and it was great. They told us on the phone it would be a 45 minute wait, but it was more like 30 minutes.

The 24 hour pizza was good, but it was closed one night because they were cleaning the floor next to the pizzeria.

Entertainment: It seems like they had a lot more entertainment this time. Shows were great! Josh the Cruise Director was funny. The murder mystery was fun and a great addition to Carnival. The murder mystery lasted the entire cruise. The passengers solved the mystery themselves by solving cryptograms in their daily bulletins and we were able to ask each suspect for a clue. I got the "murderer" correct but not the weapon used.

The punch liner's comedy club was fun. My wife and I watched the rated R shows 3 nights.

The love and marriage show was funny.

Deck: The pool was nice and warm. I read in previous reviews that a lot of deck chairs were being saved with towels and shirts and such. Carnival could easily solve this problem by simply providing lockers. We only placed our towels/shirts on the chairs just for a place to put them while we were swimming, not to save a deck chair for us to lay on later.

The pool side theater was nice.

Cabin: We had an ocean view room. They always kept it clean. The only complaints we had were quickly resolved. The door wouldn't stay locked and the stopper for the sink was stuck.

Staff/service: Most of the staff was friendly and service was good most of the time. One night at the comedy club I ordered a soda and never got it. In between shows I asked for a soda and I got that one pretty quickly.

Jason aka "Jeyonce" was the comedy club manager and he was hilarious with the way he would dance like Beyonce in all the single ladies song.

All in all we had a great time and would definitely cruise with Carnival again.

Publication Date: 07/24/12