Carnival Dream 2

“Nice Ship, Poor Layout, Terrible Food....”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

parkerpug
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

HISTORY-I have been on 5 cruises including: Royal Caribbean-Explorer of the Seas (my fave so far), Carnival Pride (not sure why I booked another Carnival cruise after that one) and Norwegian Star and Pearl. We love Royal Caribbean the most because they have the best food but they tend to be more expensive.

FOOD-The only reason we booked another Carnival Cruise (given that we know from experience that their food isn't good) is because this ship was going to ports we hadn't been to yet in the Caribbean. I guess we were hoping that since it was a New ship, that the food would be better. We were wrong. The food was so bad that I didn't have to worry about gaining any weight. In fact, I had a hard time eating enough to get full because it was so terrible. The desserts were absolutely disgusting...even the soft serve ice cream wasn't good. The dining room meals were the worst. Most nights we would try to eat in the dining room but didn't like what we ordered so we ended up in More the buffet after. It would be comparable to your worst buffet restaurant experience. I get that they're feeding thousands of people but why is it that Royal can provide such delicious food and Carnival can't? Norwegian has pretty bad too...like Carnival.

ENTERTAINMENT-One positive is the Comedians they had were great! We loved going to the comedy club almost every night.

SHIP- The layout is strange because you have to go to up a few floors then around and then back down to get to the area you want. We've never been on a ship like that. The pools and water slides were fun...plenty to do on-board. Everything felt crowded though maybe because there were so many passengers on this ship.

ROOMS-We bought a balcony room for the first time. The room size was fine but we never were out on our balcony since our neighbors were always out there talking on theirs so we felt like it was a waste of money.

EXCURSIONS-We took this cruise to see the Mayan Ruins so we spent two of our port days doing nothing but looking at ruins. The tours were amazing and we booked them all through the cruise line so that we wouldn't get left behind if they didn't get us back to the ship in time.

OVERALL-If you're not picky about food and all food excites you, then you'll still have a good time on this cruise. Less

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A

We loved the long 8 hour Mayan Ruin tour.

Published 07/24/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?