Azamara Journey Cruise Review by financesec

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Stockholm
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: V1
See More About: Azamara Journey Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Azamara Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Great Baltic Cruise On Azamara Journey
Prior to this cruise, our most recent trips were on Oceania (2 times) and on the Norwegian Epic (twice) in a penthouse suite. We thoroughly enjoyed all the cruises. But when we had to put off our next Oceania to 2013 due to travel problems linked with olympics in London, she suggested we do Azamara. And I'm glad she did.

From the moment we stepped onto the ship, till the moment we departed, we felt cared about by the crew.

CABIN - The small size of the cabin and bathroom didn't bother us that much since we had sailed twice before on the old Renaissance cruise ships with Oceania.

FOOD - My wife and I thought the food was excellent. Because we spent so much time in the evenings off the ship, we only ate in the steakhouse one night and in the main dining room 3 nights. Two of the other nights they had dinner on the deck, and it was incredible. And even though I hate buffets, especially for dinner, the dinner buffet in the upstairs restaurant was excellent. Now, I didn't eat that much of the heavy stuff, but between the buffets here and the ones on the deck, I had escargots 3 times, which thrilled me no end. We didn't use room service at all. I don't drink wine, but my wife enjoyed the free wine with meals.

ENTERTAINMENT - This was a pleasant surprise. We had gotten used to so-so entertainment on the smaller ships, but this group was great. Dean, the cruise director, made the cruise even better with his great humor and terrific singing voice.

CAPTAIN - I have to make a comment on Captain Johannes. He was a regular guy - someone you just love to be with - and with a great sense of humor.

NEGATIVE - My only complaint is that getting signed up for internet the first 2 days was a fiasco. The computer guy was there only a few hours a day, and people were really getting frustrated. It got so bad that I had to help. I don't think they understand that many (most?) of the passengers are older and not that computer savy. So having someone who I thought was only OK (and that might be generous), working a few hours a day was not good.

But we did enjoy it so much that we have booked the Antarctica cruise from Buenos Aires in January.

Publication Date: 07/23/12