(1) Good embarkation and disembarkation process.
(2) Very large aft veranda with plenty of tables off buffet.
(3) Capt. Cooke's Bar and entertainer W.T. Greer were very good.
(4) Plenty of lounge chairs around the ship.
(5) Very good cabin steward.
(6) Good choice of shore excursions.
(7) Very helpful guest relations and shore excursion staff.
(8) Fruit and dessert stations in the buffet were very good.
(1) Main buffet very limited choices and very congested.
(2) You had to travel through the buffet to get from the pool area to the aft cabins below as there is no elevator or stairs at the fwd. end of the buffet.
(3) Found many of the staff required much more training.
(4) The dishes such as the plates in the buffet seemed to be something you would find in a mess hall.
(5) The service in the main dining room was less than adequate most times with wrong orders arriving at the table and long waits. When you found a good wait team we would try and get them on other nights but everyone appeared to have the same plan.
(6) The menu in the Crossings was very repetitive and became boring after a few days. Most beef dishes very tough.
(7) Many people waiting for seating in the Crossings probably caused by the Freestyle and people wishing to be seated alone thus not filling the tables. We like to mix when we cruise and to the delight of the receptionist would ask to share when in the dining room. We managed to share every evening but we usually had to wait to get someone else willing to share.
(8) Always book an inside but never had anything this small, probably 25% smaller than any other we had.
(9) The main pool was closed from Sunday to Thursday while the crew did maintenance on it, something you expect to be done in refit. We were never given notice we would be without the main pool for the first 4 days and I don't think anyone in the management staff cared.
(10) The vessel seemed to shut down after 11pm, even found the Outrigger very quiet.
(11) Could not recommend this cruise to a friend. I do know the vessel was a retro fit for this itinerary and realize the next vessel will probably work much better for the Freestyle, having been built for it.
(12) I was two days getting a second lifejacket for our cabin. I knew there were plenty on the boat deck but the cabins should all be equipped.