Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by ablclw

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera

Dinner for Two
My husband and I returned from our week long trip to Mexico on the Carnival Splendor on July 15th. We had such a great time and I know I was not ready to come home yet. I have taken 2 cruises on Princess in the past, selecting Anytime Dining and on both ships we would have to sit at tables of 4 or more with strangers for dinner each night. I'm not anti-social or anything, but I do enjoy eating alone with my husband and not necessarily have to strike up conversation with others every night. Well, we selected "Your Time" dining on the Carnival Splendor and every night we had a table for 2. One night we had to wait 10 minutes for a table, but every other night, we we were seated right away. It was so nice and made my trip. Now, the tables for two are very close to other tables for 2, so there certainly were nights that we chatted with the couple sitting next to us, but other nights we were able to just enjoy our dinner with each other. The food was amazing, also. I decided to choose appetizers each night that I wouldn't normally order or eat at home. The stuffed mushrooms, sweet potato soup, and corn chowder were amazing!!! Also, the dessert was awesome. I will admit, I ordered the chocolate melting cake almost every night and I am still dreaming about it. It was that good. The short ribs were a must-have also.

We also enjoyed the entertainment on the ship. The "adult-only" comics were mostly very funny. We went dancing in the Red Carpet Lounge each night and also enjoying some of the shows in the Spectacular Theater. However, the theater was always ridiculously cold, so bring a sweater. Some of the other common areas were pretty cold too, but the theater was always freezing.

We had great service by all staff on the ship. Each person always had a smile and appeared happy. Our stateroom staff learned our names and called us by name each time we saw them in the hallway. I was also very happy to see our towel surprises in our room each night. So cute!

Altogether, we had an amazing time on our trip and I would highly recommend giving the Carnival Splendor a try. If you have not cruised before, please talk to your doctor about getting the sea sickness prevention patches before you go. My husband and I get them and wear them behind our ears to prevent sea sickness. We had so many people who were feeling ill come up to us and ask us about them on the first few days of the trip. They work. I felt so bad for people who were not feeling well enough to enjoy this amazing trip, so be sure to plan ahead for that.

Publication Date: 07/23/12