Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by gayle1: 1st Family Cruise

1st Family Cruise

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Our 1st family cruise was on the Carnival Sensation from Port Canaveral Florida to Nassau, Bahamas. We booked a very nice suite that was quite spacious. We loved the space and all of the windows and balcony. There was a jacuzzi tub also.

Although our room was very nice we were all quite disappointed with the food offered on our cruise. We had high hopes and were looking forward to great meals as all our friends had told us about. Since this was our 1st cruise we're not sure if the horrible food was just something directly related to this particular ship. Everyone we have ever spoken with has raved about the food. We actually found ourselves to be both hungry and thirsty as all of the food (from the buffets to the dining room to room service) were subpar. For example, we ordered sandwiches from room service which came with potato chips - how could you go wrong with a sandwich and chips? well, our chips were so stale that not even the children would eat them & that's saying More something. In the dining room, the portions were quite small and I ordered brisket one evening & it was nothing but FAT; it almost made me sick. I then told the waiter I would like to order the southern fried chicken & it was like trying to eat jerky. I must tell you that I can normally find something to eat just about anywhere but this food was by far the worst food I think I have ever had - anywhere . . . :( It's sad to say but when we were in Nassau, we found a Burger King & this was actually the BEST meal we had the entire cruise & this is saying something - we were quite desperate.

Because of this experience, I'm not sure we would consider ever taking another cruise. When I spoke with friends after returning home, they said they hadn't experienced anything like this with the food so I'm hoping this is just something related to the Carnival Sensation. If so, I would NOT recommend this cruise/ship to anyone. We may consider a Disney cruise some time in the future. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>