Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Steve7867

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Steve7867
Bahamas Celebration
Bahamas Celebration
Member Name: Steve7867
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: 3
See More About: Bahamas Celebration Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebration Cruise Line Cruise Deals
        Under 3 4.0
        3-6 4.0
Service Not Rated

Bargain trip!
I read a few of the other reviews on this site and want to offer my view of the Bahamas Celebration. We have cruised in the past with Royal Caribbean International, which in comparison offers a lot more amenities on board

ship with newer vessels and higher class ships. (You do truly get what

you pay for)

For the price that we paid for this sailing,(Roughly $600 not including taxes, fees and gratuity which I think are to be expected anyway) I think it was a decent bargain for young families, those with children and those wanting to

save some money during difficult times. This, while all enjoying life itself.

We paid a bit more money to avoid having to sit through the time share presentation. We already own a time share in Florida, have used it three times and and are very happy with it. We were not thrilled about driving to Fort Lauderdale to pick up our cruise voucher. We asked about having it mailed to us ahead of time and that was not offered. This is probably due to the bulk of their business being time share presentation related; at least that is what the welcome center appears to be organized for. We then drove to West Palm Beach for our departure. My wife felt that the check in was easier than our last cruise and liked the fact that travel documents were collected from us to avoid having to go through Bahamian customs at arrival.

The cabin we had was a nice size for the three of us; myself, wife and 3 year old daughter. There was a large room with flat screen, fridge and sleeper sofa. This sofa could easily sleep two additional small children at $99 extra per person. At least that is the price we were quoted for additional folks over two. I am pretty sure it $59 for children under 3.

the large Queen sized bed in the second room of the suite was adequate for us and comfortable. There was a large closet as well to hang clothing or store luggage. The bath size was to be expected on cruise ships, but a bit larger than the last cruise we took with RC.

We are not big on all types of entertainment offered. We were content with the available time to spend with each other and our daughter while relaxing; the favorite part of cruising for my wife.

I was a bit disappointed with the fact that the pool was not working on our trip to the Bahamas. It was in operation on the return trip and I got to use it with my daughter. It surprised me that no explanation was provided for it not working on the trip out no members of the crew knew why.

Anyway, the crew staff was professional and we really enjoyed the food on board. We ate more food than I should have and more than was available on the RC line for our first cruise. I thought the food offerings were adequate, but we could have had more options available for different types of food.

We did not use the casino or clubs offered (don't gamble) so I can not offer a review here. We were going to use the on board fitness center but my wife was really tired so we did not get to it.

I took my daughter on the navigational bridge tour on the return trip and that was enjoyable.

The Grand Lucaya resort in Freeport, GBI was exceptional. We truly enjoyed our stay and plan on returning with our entire family.

Overall, I think this to be a good bargain for first time cruisers or families with young children on a budget. Even though this is not a "first rate" ship. It is worth what one pays for the journey.

If you don't want the time share presentation, ask about paying a bit extra to avoid it; or avoid the purchase altogether. You don't have to go through with the sale pitch, but you probably have to ask about it in order to avoid this.

Publication Date: 07/20/12