Carnival Glory Cruise Review by mmr1171

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fantastic Time on the Glory for a second time in a month!!
Just got off the Glory for the second time in a month. We sailed the first time on June 10th and this past time on July 12th and both cruises were exceptional. I am a platinum cruiser on Carnival and have seen many changes to cruising over these past years. Yes the food itself has been scaled back immensely, but I don't complain about it. The fact of the matter is, the cruise itself was not expensive and with the economy, everyone including my husband who owns a business has had to change the way he runs things. The bottom line is, it is what you make it and I found it to be a fabulous time. The MDR food was fantastic every night and out waiters for both cruises were incredible. We absolutely love the waiters dance and sing every night and it just makes for the ending of a great dinner! We had the best Room Stewards on both cruises, the Bar Servers on the lido, such as I-Nyoman from Indonesia and Putu were incredible! The shows are good, is there need for an update? absolutely! but it is not everyday, you get to see Las Vegas style shows! The casino staff was fantastic, always friendly and the Casino host went out of his way to get me drinks as he saw how much I was spending!! He didn't have to do that, but he did and it was a great gesture.

My kids came on the cruise, they also are experienced cruisers and enjoyed themselves greatly! They are 18 and 14 kept themselves busy for the entire cruise!

Josh and Pete were great Cruise and Asst Cruise Directors. We asked Josh if he could change the movies on the big screen to a Harry Potter movie night and he did! It was a huge hit and the lido deck chairs were all taken! It was a great night, in the hot tub, beautiful weather and watching a movie with the kids!

I agree that some changes need to be made to Carnival, I would suggest more fun activities and when they do the scavenger hunts , if it can be more than 20 mintues would be great! but overall you can't beat the price and a great time if that is what you make it.

We also have done this cruise out of NY several times, so St. John is not new to us. My husband has family in New Brunswick, so we have driven to the Bay of Fundy, have seen the falls so for these cruises, we just get off the ship to eat and walk around.

One more thing for the people that may complain. Problems can happen on any vacation at anytime. I understand things happen, but if you let it ruin your cruise it will. Most of the issues people complain about are issues that can be resolved. I saw people complaining about the tiniest things and came to realize that these people that complain would complain no matter what, and mostly are looking to get there tab taken care of or tips removed so they don't have to pay them.

I saw a ton of people removing tips at guest services from these hard working people because they had ran out of money and wanted to buy drinks! These men and women work 12-15 hrs a day everyday. Almost all never get a day off at all. Most are from very poor countries and rely on tips to send back to their families to feed them and clothe them. I think it is disgusting that people do this. Next time your on a cruise, just remember how much these people do to make your cruises special! I always DO!!!

Publication Date: 07/20/12